Author Topic: FSDT tab not showing on add-on manager + KJFK v2 scenery problems **SOLVED**  (Read 6606 times)

yimi

Hello all,

In FSX when I go to "add-ons" then "addon manager" I do not see the FSDreamteam option under Publisher.

Does know why this is?

I was having some problems with the buildings not showing up when I purchased KJFK v2 and so I updated the add-on manager. Now that I can't even get to the FSDT airports I can't install/uninstall the airports. Also the "Coauatl powered products" tab isn't showing up either in the FSX menu. Before installation of v2 everything was working fine.

Anybody have any answers?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:58:57 am by virtuali »

enzo64

Re: FSDT tab not showing on add-on manager + KJFK v2 scenery problems
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
Same problem here...I have the latest Addon manager downloaded from the FSDT main page.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:05:49 pm »
In FSX when I go to "add-ons" then "addon manager" I do not see the FSDreamteam option under Publisher.

You must have a bad download or you must be unlucky and tried to install exactly while we were updating a file, so you got a corrupted file. Try installing the Addon Manager again.

yimi

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:25:44 pm »
Ok so I tried to re-install the Add-on Manager Version 2.9.0.7

Anytime I start FSX I right click and select "Run as Administrator"...I did that after installation of version 2.9.0.7 and when I load the KJFK scenery I get a message saying this "Couatl Scripting Engines for FSX/ESP has stopped working" That's what it looks like verbatim...plus I get this crash report (see below)

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   couatl.exe
  Application Version:   2.0.0.2348
  Application Timestamp:   511a6b6c
  Fault Module Name:   couatl.exe
  Fault Module Version:   2.0.0.2348
  Fault Module Timestamp:   511a6b6c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00002916
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any idea what might cause the Couatl to crash like that?

yimi

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:53:45 pm »
I ran into this post about another user having problems with Couatl not showing up on the KORD scenery. They have stated that Flightbeam's KIAD scenery works fine and Couatl shows up on the FSX menu. Well I have the KIAD scenery and I loaded it and the Couatl menu showed up. I even loaded Flightbeam's KSFO and KPHX airports to double check and both of them had Couatl working just fine. The Couatl crash only seems to effect FSDT airports, I have loaded and tested all FSDT airports I have, KJFK, KORD, KFLL, KLAX, and KLAS. All of them had the missing Couatl menu and Couatl keeps crashing. Here is the link to the other post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8788.0

Umberto, you mentioned in that post about how the FSDT sceneries might be outdated and to download them using the "most current installer". Where can I find the "current installer" so I can re-download the sceneries and see if that will fix the issue? 

enzo64

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 10:10:14 pm »
Downloaded again the standalone Couatl 2.0.9.7 and everything works again...thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
Umberto, you mentioned in that post about how the FSDT sceneries might be outdated and to download them using the "most current installer". Where can I find the "current installer" so I can re-download the sceneries and see if that will fix the issue?  

As I've said, you must have a bad download, just reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now and try again. In any case, the scenery installers are all on the "Products" page, just download them and reinstall them, just to be sure no file from the sceneries has been corrupted somehow.

yimi

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 11:51:59 am »
I have finally resolved this issue. It was simply that I didn't have the latest version, Version 2.1 for KJFK downloaded. I went to the products page, clicked on "Download 2.1 Update" next to the KJFK V2. After installation I registered the product and now I have a stable version of Couatl and also all of the terminal buildings have returned at all FSDT airports.