Author Topic: Run out of memory Problem over New York  (Read 7980 times)

OPTIMIST26

Run out of memory Problem over New York
« on: June 03, 2013, 06:47:02 pm »
Hi,

I have installed V2 and after that FSX crashing while I was flying over NYC.

There was no any crashing problem like this before and there is no still have a problem somewhere else other than NYC.

Is there anybody who has this problem ??

Thanks,
Burak

yvesamuel

Re: Run out of memory Problem over New York
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 10:07:19 pm »
I have the same problem!!

Regards
Yves

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »
I was trying to post the same thing, but Boone was faster...basically, if you followed all discussions about OOM, it was clear that the scenery is NEVER a "cause" for OOM in itself, and fact you didn't had this with JFK V1 or you don't have this anywhere else, doesn't mean anything.

It's not a scenery that causes OOM. What causes OOM it's the COMBINATION of your installed add-ons, your sceneries (all of them, not just the airport, and this includes the default), your memory-hungry airplanes, your AI, fact you use DX9 or DX10, everything contributes to reaching the absolute maximum limit of 4GB that FSX, as a 32 bit app, can use.  And the real, usable limit, is even lower than that, because the OOM message appears before all of 4GB are taken.

Yes, of course JFK V2 takes more RAM than V1, because native (= faster) FSX code takes more memory. But if you see OOMs now, it means your situation was ALREADY close to the limit with JFK V1, with your combination of installed add-ons, airplane used and settings. Obviously, if you were close to the limit, installing a scenery that takes even a *bit* more RAM than before, will cause OOMs, without this being a scenery's fault.

As explained in all threads about CYVR that discussed OOMs, you have several options at your disposal, you choose which one to apply:

- Lower your settings in the most dense areas

- Switch to DX10, which saves quite a bit or memory

- Don't use 4096x4096 textures.

- Use less memory-hungry airplanes (or configure them to use less memory, if the allow it)

OPTIMIST26

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:55:57 pm »
Ok, I have understood that JFK V2 doesn't related with OOM problem...

I will try to reduce the memory load with some tricks...

Thanks...

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »
I have These Problems too:

first I give my Settings to you: texture 1024, water effects 3 and LOD 4.5, autogen density sparse. I use the 737NGX and UT2 traffic.
For sceneries I have: FSDT KJFK of course ;) and Megscenery Earth New York and Massachusetts and AS Manhattan 1.30.
I believe that these settings are moderate. Now I start FSX. In process Explorer the fsx.exe grows to about 1GB when the freeflightmenu started. After that I load the NGX. Now this file increases its size to about 1,5GB. After loading JFK and FSX to its surface I have about 3,2GB here suddenly! During starting up the NGX, loading weather via FSGRW, an external program which doesn't affect the fsx.exe and taxiing I quickly reach the 4GB and now the OOM comes. For three times trying to start only one time I was able to bring up the bird into the air. The Crash came after that.
It's very frustrating. I disabled the photsceneries but there was no difference. I can't go below these fsx-settings, it's the Minimum already. What else can I do here?

thanks Kai
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:50:09 pm by Kai-Uwe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »
After loading JFK and FSX to its surface I have about 3,2GB here suddenly!

Not caused by JFK, not possible with the texture size at 1024 anyway. I can't reach that even with texture size at 4096. You said you use UT2, perhaps you have too many AI.

You said you use Aerosoft Manhattan. This is what takes all your memory: when you load JFK, you don't load "just" JFK, you also load everything in the area, and the most memory consuming it's surely Manhattan.

Try to disable AS Manhattan, and see the difference it makes.

loading weather via FSGRW, an external program which doesn't affect the fsx.exe

The *program* itself might not take any memory from FSX, but the *things* it creates WILL take memory from FSX so, for example, if that program creates lots of clouds, because of the weather, their will take memory away from FSX, both their polygons and their textures.

It's very frustrating. I disabled the photsceneries but there was no difference. I can't go below these fsx-settings, it's the Minimum already. What else can I do here?

Disable AS Manhattan first, and then try to use DX10. Check your memory consumption then, and draw your own conclusions.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 03:18:27 pm »
thanks Umberto, I'll try this.

best regards Kai

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 03:48:46 pm »
hi Umberto,

yes disabling Mahattan helped, a little bit. I reached 3,2GB again, but it stood stabily. I only was at the terminal, without taxiing. Maybe the load will be increasing then. I'll try this tomorrow.

best regards Kai

OPTIMIST26

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:32:09 pm »
I will try to remove AS mAnhatten X... I have got too...

By the way, I didn't like DX10 mode... Graphics (especially edges) shimmering and serrated (I couldn't be find true world in English)

And I have one question... Where can I find version number of my installed JFK?? I remembered that updated my JFK2 but Today I realised new version???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 08:20:18 pm »
By the way, I didn't like DX10 mode... Graphics (especially edges) shimmering and serrated (I couldn't be find true world in English)

You shouldn't use DX10 as is, there has been several fixes by the community that, if you applied them, it will make it more usable. Refer to the DX10 section on Avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

If you are referring to the lack of antialiasing and/or vsync, read the above docs carefully.

And I have one question... Where can I find version number of my installed JFK?? I remembered that updated my JFK2 but Today I realised new version???

Check your installer, it will report the version number in the file Properties or when it starts. Current release is 2.1