Author Topic: Stuttering  (Read 4576 times)

windshear

Stuttering
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:16:28 am »
I am seeing heavy stuttering looking west, going from 7-46 fps all the time, do you have a suggestion what I can do?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stuttering
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:12 am »
The only thing that might have an effect on stuttering, that is related to our products, is the "Anti pop-up" setting in the Addon Manager. At its default value of 1, you'll have the best fps and lower memory consumption.

Raising it to higher values, you'll trade fps and memory usage, for less stuttering. At the highest setting, all the scenery will be loaded at once from a distance of about 10NM, and never be discarded again unless you exit from that area. This will consume maximum amount of memory but should fix any stuttering.

If you still stuttering, even after changing that settings, then it's nothing related to any of our products, and it becomes then a problem with your FSX graphic settings (or tweaks, the Bufferpools settings might be the most relevant here) and/or other conflicting sceneries in the area.

Michael Moe

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 03:47:23 pm »
Setting TML to 1024 in fsx.cfg did a good job on my PC.

I only have a 1024mb HD5870 card and it would give me these drops in frames if i go to TML=2048 or 4096

Michael Moe

windshear

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:12:30 pm »
ok will also soon test if I still have OOM. Will try everything...
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark