Author Topic: scenery all gone, not showing up **SOLVED**  (Read 5750 times)

rsperge

scenery all gone, not showing up **SOLVED**
« on: June 16, 2013, 10:43:40 pm »
never had this problem, was updating the new addon manager, since in my menue, couati, was not showing up in my fsx addon, while flying with fsx, thus I downloaded the new addonmanager,,  and got this error message,  problems updating some sceneries, try again later,  I have the folliwng airports, kfjk vol2, kdfw, kord,klaqx, and none of them are showing up. 

what do I do ? none of my airports are showing up, in the addon tab for fsx no couati showing up, but the addon manager is there
Please help me out!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:02:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: scenery all gone, not showing up
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:52:22 pm »
and got this error message,  problems updating some sceneries, try again later,

in the addon tab for fsx no couati showing up, but the addon manager is there

This seems to indicate some security related program such as a firewall or an antivirus, is blocking our server, so the installer can't download and the Couatl.exe file has been blocked too.

I've just ran an installer now, just to be sure, and there is no error message on download so, the server is surely up and, since we have two mirrors running at the same time, even if one of them wouldn't work, the download will go to the other one automatically so, the problem must be something at your end that is blocking the download.

Be sure no firewall, antivirus or anything similar is blocking access to our site.

rsperge

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:06:24 pm »
anti virus turned off, along with windows firewall, never had this problem,  should I reinstall addon manager ? this all started when I was at jk vol2did the automatic update, with flightbeam and the new airport that came out today, or should I uninstall jfk vol2, reallly lost here,  suggestions please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 11:08:41 pm »
You can always try reinstalling the Addon Manager Stand-Alone, that contains all the latest files so, it should work even if something is blocking the download. However, if Couatl.exe itself is blocked from executing, it won't work just the same.

rsperge

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:28:50 am »
here is a followup: I redownloaded the addon manager version  2.9.0.7, my firewall is disabled, along with my viral protection, good thing while in fsx upper tab for addons, has addon manager, and couati folder as well,  all my airports are back:   KFLL, KLAX,  KDFW, KORD,  CYVR.

Was having problems with JFK uninstalled vol2,  I did buy the original jfk

Please tell me what should be my next step, want to get back JFK vlol2, ev erything else is working and is back

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 12:46:17 am »
You shouldn't have uninstalled JFK V2, I haven't said to do that... Now you should do it again:

1) install JFK V2 AND the 2.1 Patch

2) install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after JFK V2

If you redownload the Full JFK V2 installer now, which has been updated to 2.1, you don't have to download the 2.1 patch and the Stand-Alone Addon manager.

rsperge

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 03:59:31 am »
it appears everything is fine, and I am a happy camper, I believe.  How can you be 100% that I do have KJFK 2.1 ? What can I look for?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:02:14 pm »
How can you be 100% that I do have KJFK 2.1 ? What can I look for?

The Full installer displays its version when it starts. And, the scenery is very easy to recognize, because there are now gate numbers on ground, which were not there in 2.0.