General Category > General Discussion

Couatl Powered Products missing from Menu

(1/2) > >>

D10ATC:
Good evening!  I know this isn't the first time this topic has come up, but I'm stumped.

I've owned ORD, DFW, LAS, GSX, LAX and YVR for awhile now.  A few days ago, I loaded up DFW to find no buildings.  I figured it was probably time for a fresh install of FSX anyway, since my fsx.cfg had been changed many times and there were probably loads of things in my root folder that I didn't use/need anymore anyway. 

After the fresh FSX install, I initially installed DFW, and still found no buildings.  After a couple hours of searching this forum and others, I tried everything I could imagine to get it to work.  I even tried all of the other installers (after correctly uninstalling the previous one that didn't work and following the directions about [trusted] in the cfg, as well as installing as an admin. 

I do not run any anti-virus software, so I can't see how that is keeping the couatl portion not working, but I'm assuming it's an issue with couatl since it hasn't shown up in the menu on any of the installs. 

I am running an ATI card, but don't believe that to be an issue, even though I have read about the Adaptive Anti-aliasing.  (It's not running).

Any ideas?

virtuali:
You said you reinstalled FSX, but you don't say anything about having reinstalled all FSDT products, have you done that ?

D10ATC:
Yep.  I might've worded the paragraph weird, but after FSX install, I installed FSDT DFW (then uninstalled it as you've referenced in other posts) then tried the other installers I had (ORD, PHX, LAS, GSX, etc...).  Couatl didn't show up after any of the installs.  I also tried the couatl updater in the fsdreamteam folder as well as installing the standalone addon manager. 

Again, after I found each install not working, I did uninstall each FSDT product as you have referenced in the past. 

First problem I've ever had with these products, and I'm trying to remember any update I've done within the past couple of weeks (to FSDT software).   Nothing is ringing a bell. 

I've read some of your other posts about logging simconnect errors.   Which file is that in the FSDT folder (and would that help here)?  I've looked at a few of them in there (in notepad) and its all some sort of coding. 

virtuali:
Have you been asked permission to run BOTH the Addon Manager program AND the Couatl program ?

This, assuming you replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?" which are made at the end of the uninstall process. Doing this, will reset the Trust question so, after you reinstall, being asked (or not) is meaningful.

Which means, if you haven't uninstalled an FSDT scenery in the above way, do it now, reinstall it and pay attention if you are being asked permission to run BOTH modules, and be sure you reply YES to both modules.

D10ATC:
Fixed!

I had in the past, but did so again just to verify.  First one to pop up was the "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX".  Second was the "Addon Manager for FSX"  Obviously I chose to run each of them and designated both as "trusted".  Sure enough, I load up and couatl was in the menu.

Interestingly enough, I'm not quite sure if I had installed GSX alone (and first) before any of the sceneries?  I'd be surprised if that was the culprit since the .dlls are likely the same in all of the packages.  Any reason you can imagine that this happened after the products were already installed and working correctly?

Anyway, thanks so much for your help and quick response! 

Signed,
Another Satisfied Customer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version