Author Topic: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight **SOLVED**  (Read 32235 times)

davidal

Hello,
First of all I would like to congratulare FSDT for this excellent rendition of CYVR.
I am encountering some issues when starting a flight at CYVR, mainly some buildings (those which are far away from the plane) do not load. I need to manually restart Couatl engine to force them to appear. And sometimes the problem still persists. Then, the only way I can force these buildings to appear is either to slew the plane to this area or take off and flight very close over the area. This fixes the issue, but the immersion is over if I need to do this every time.
Any suggestions?
Dan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:33:28 am by virtuali »

davidal

Re: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:51:15 pm »
I am attaching a screenshot of the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 12:50:59 pm »
Be sure you don't run FSX or ANY of its add-on modules in any of the "Compatibility" modes.

davidal

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:27:19 am »
Thanks Umberto,
Unfortunately, I checked and FSX is not running in compatibility mode. I have a pretty clean FSX installation. I am just running REX and UT2 with FSX and none of them is running in compatibility mode. I forced all of them to run as administrator but this does not seem to change anything. I need to keep restarting Cuatl engine to get the problem solved and most of the times the central part of the airport does not load.
I assume I would need to live with that. It is really a pity cause apart from that this is an excellent product.
Rgds,
Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:27 am »
I need to keep restarting Cuatl engine to get the problem solved and most of the times the central part of the airport does not load.

That's strange because, if you had a problem with Couatl not running, every building should disappear. If only some of them disappear, it's surely something entirely else.

Try to temporarily disable all your other add-ons, maybe another add-on is using Simconnect too and is sending too many commands, that our modules don't have a chance to talk with FSX. We saw this happen a couple of times.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:05:24 am »
Sorry to bring up an old thread but neither one of these solutions are working for me. (And as posted in another thread) The only solution was to run right through the building which is very annoying. This problem has been going on for awhile now and I just want some suggestions.

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 02:13:40 am »
Sorry to bring up an old thread but neither one of these solutions are working for me. (And as posted in another thread) The only solution was to run right through the building which is very annoying. This problem has been going on for awhile now and I just want some suggestions.

As I've said in this thread, the only known possible cause for buildings that appear only if you get close, is if you run FSX or some other add-on that runs together with FSX into Compatibility mode, which causes video drivers to behave differently.

Another possibly issue is having Transparency Antialiasing ( or AAA on some cards ) enabled, this is explained in the scenery manual too, it must be disabled.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:16:19 am »
I don't have any other addon that can make FSX run in compatibility but I will check the AAA
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:12:11 am by virtuali »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 06:02:12 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't seem to find it in the manual the closest is adaptive AA. ???

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 09:41:53 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't seem to find it in the manual the closest is adaptive AA. ???

That's what I've said. It's either called Transparency Antialiasing, or AAA ( AAA = Adaptive AA )

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:57 am »
Hmmn... I checked it says it is using the application settings for AA and since I have an AMD there is no "AAA" .

(Is this right?If it isn't, sorry :-[ and how could I correct this?)

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 01:44:34 pm »
Hmmn... I checked it says it is using the application settings for AA and since I have an AMD there is no "AAA" .

As I've said, Adaptive Antialiasing, on AMD, it's the same as AAA. You seems to have it set to Multisampling, so it's not set. Try other settings too. Also, try to reset all your video card settings to default.

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that, the only known causes for objects appearing ONLY when getting close, is the "Compatibility" mode enabled ( by FSX or another add-on that runs together with it ), or the AAA.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 12:03:15 am »

As I've said, Adaptive Antialiasing, on AMD, it's the same as AAA. You seems to have it set to Multisampling, so it's not set. Try other settings too. Also, try to reset all your video card settings to default.

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that, the only known causes for objects appearing ONLY when getting close, is the "Compatibility" mode enabled ( by FSX or another add-on that runs together with it ), or the AAA.
Oh well at least you tried..
I've tried putting the AA settings to super-sampling and didn't work I've also tried resetting to default settings and double checked all of my addons (and FSX) for compatibility settings but still no change. Could it be my graphics card (specs are in my signature) ???  ???

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:03 am »
I have found a fix! I think...

I had the coatl in non compatibility mode. I put it to compatibility mode ran FSX opened up CYVR and (of course no buildings) I turned compatibility mode off and ran FSX again it then had all the buildings. :) :)

UPDATE: False alarm thins are still disappearing and I still don't know why. I did everything- reinstalled every FSDT scenery over 4 times tweaked my video card till every setting was tested, checked anything possible with compatibility issues, and updated video cards and drivers. I even did the opposite of what you're supposed to do (turned AAA and compatibility on).   ::)???
This also happened on my older computer which I replaced a few months ago (Windows 7 intel)

Any other suggestions Virtuali? I'd be happy to give you as much info on my computer you need.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:00:20 am by F-OHPM »

12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »
Any other suggestions Virtuali? I'd be happy to give you as much info on my computer you need.

As I've said the only KNOWN causes for objects appearing ONLY when getting close, is the "Compatibility" mode enabled ( by FSX or another add-on that runs together with it ), or the AAA.

If you will eventually find what was causing this on YOUR system, we'll might add it to the known causes too. It surely doesn't happen here or can be replicated in any way.

Have you tried lowering the texture resolution in the CYVR installer ? Perhaps you are just using too much memory with your other installed add-ons, so there's not enough memory left to run CYVR safely. Which is why, CYVR give you some options to save memory. And, you can try using DX10.