Author Topic: GSX and MJC Dash-8 Q400 questions  (Read 12942 times)

Rafal

GSX and MJC Dash-8 Q400 questions
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:00:02 pm »
Dear Umberto,

To begin with, let me thank you for delivering awesome software for our beloved MFS.
I am your longtime customer (GSX is my 10th product from you) and have always been more than happy with the quality of your stuff.

Now on to GSX. I have recently switched from FS9 to FSX (after almost ten years of happy simming with FS2004). The main reason was Majestic Q400 I was patiently awaiting for many years.
One of the extra things I did because of my switch was buying GSX. I loved it from the videos and knew I will purchase it as soon as I move to FSX. I have been using the other ground services addon in FS9 for many years and it also is a great product, but yours is a bit different and with the support of all airports (lack of which is your competition's largest disadvantage) it seems a must have.

Now finally to my problem. After purchasing Q400 (and then GSX) I am flying nothing else and it will probably be so for some time to come.
As you well know (I have read your post in another thread refering to MJC Q400), there are some problems with interaction between Q400 and GSX.

From my observation they are as follows:
1. marshallers sometimes do not know the aircraft's position on arrival (sometimes their signals stop me in the right place, at other time they don't know where I am - the MJC micro-bouncing is the reason, I'd guess?)*
* Question: can this problem be scenery/AFCAD related?
2. engines cannot be started during the pushback process
3. Sometimes when the luggage cart and the bus are already gone (after boarding), I request pushback but I get the info to wait until other processes are finished
....So I wait and wait and... finally have to reset the menu and request the pushback again. What could be the problem here?
4. luggage loaders and buses make some strange driving movements (e.g. the luggage cart sometimes eats its own tail - see the screenshot below)

Note: I did apply the 3D configurator (to make sure my aircraft is properly configured) but it did not seem to influence this behaviour.
Of course luggage and cargo loaders cannot be used in general since you currently don't support the left side cargo bays (I very much hope to see it soon implemented in GSX!).
But since the trolley is waiting there and it starts driving, the movement can be observed anyway.

I admit I am pretty new in GSX (I did read the manual and forum threads first) and have no experience with using other aircraft with GSX.
So I am not sure how much of the above is the problem of MJC Q400, how much (if any) is a quirk of GSX itself and how much is just my lack of knowledge of GSX. I would be grateful if you could tell me.

I would also love to hear if there is a co-operation currently going on behind scenes between you and the Majestic team (I hope i is not a problem to ask).
I guess it is there, as GSX pushback actually is nicely working (except for the proper engine startup sequence) unlike the other addon's pushback.

I am aware MJC Q400 is an innovative aircraft product as it is built much outside of FSX and that unfortunately causes some quirks.

All the best Umberto and thank you in advance for your reply,
Rafal
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:56:32 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and MJC Dash-8 Q400 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:30:04 pm »
We are working on having GSX to support cargo loaded from the left door. Until than, you can't really use any boarding/deboarding services.

About the Q400, the current version of GSX which is online now, already includes a public variable that any 3rd party developer can query to know if GSX is pushing, and this was added basically to support the Q400, which must froze its custom flight model while GSX is pushing. I don't know if Majestic already implemented the change on their side, I think I've read a message on their forum it might come in the next update.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »
Umberto,

Thank you very much for your fast and kind reply.

Well, I see I will have to wait for full enjoyment then.
But, on the other hand, it is really great to hear you (and MJC) are working on the issues and there is hope to have these two phenomenal addons co-operate flawlessly.

Have a great weekend!
All the best,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 05:16:21 pm »
I have recently switched from FS9 to FSX (after almost ten years of happy simming with FS2004). The main reason was Majestic Q400 I was patiently awaiting for many years.

You won't be disappointed, buy the NGX, and some ORBX, and you will be in simming heaven. Welcome to 2013!!  :)

Rafal

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 05:56:37 pm »
buy the NGX, and some ORBX, and you will be in simming heaven.

Well, I'm an airbus guy when it comes to jets plus I fly 90% of time in Europe, but still thank you very much and welcome to all my new FSX friends!  :D

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »
Well, I'm an airbus guy when it comes to jets plus I fly 90% of time in Europe, but still thank you very much and welcome to all my new FSX friends!  :D

Getting the NGX is something you just "do" when you get FSX. I am telling you. I didn't really have any interest into a 737 before the NGX, but there isn't ONE aircraft even now that hits it's level.

The AXE doesn't come close.

I'm telling you, buy it.  ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 09:10:38 pm »
Yeah, come on Rafal.... You so wont regret buying the NGX mate! That or i'll eat my trackIR!! :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:15:27 pm by 738 »
Chris Howard