Author Topic: GSX not working in P3D  (Read 5293 times)

Robski

GSX not working in P3D
« on: May 29, 2013, 06:17:28 pm »
Hi GSX is not working in P3D.

I Have recently updated from FSX to P3D and have installed the P3D version of GSX. I have for example the FSDT KLAX which works perfect but if i want to use the GSX functions it does not do anything when i press "alt ctr shift F12" to bring up the GSX menu.

Any help on this one please.

Have tried reinstalling by the way.
Thanks

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working in P3D
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »
Hi GSX is not working in P3D.

GSX works perfectly in P3D.

if i want to use the GSX functions it does not do anything when i press "alt ctr shift F12" to bring up the GSX menu.

That's fairly normal you wouldn't be able to call GSX that way: the GSX hotkey, by default, it's CTRL+F12. If you redefined it to be like that, it will never work, because both FSX AND P3D reserve the ALT key for their own menu so, if you don't like the default GSX hotkey, you can redefine it, but not including the ALT key in the combination.

There's ANOTHER hotkey GSX uses, which is (by default) CTRL+Shift+F12, which does exactly the same as the regular hotkey, with the only difference that, if you are on an FSDT airport that also has a YouControl menu, pressing the CTRL+Shift+F12 hotkey instead of the normal CTRL+F12 key, will skip the YouControl menu and will go directly to GSX. You can redefine this one too, but you can't use the ALT key as part of the combination.

Robski

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:42:18 pm »

Ill re-phrase... GSX is not working in my P3D

and Gsx is set to default (I put in the alt because I seemed to remember it being in there  ::) but never mind that.)  CTRL+Shift+F12 is set and non of the settings to GSX have been changed. This is a clean install on a brand new SSD and on pressing  CTRL+Shift+F12 There is still Nothing.

ctrl+shift+P does nothing either.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:01:40 am »
and Gsx is set to default (I put in the alt because I seemed to remember it being in there  ::) but never mind that.)  CTRL+Shift+F12 is set and non of the settings to GSX have been changed. This is a clean install on a brand new SSD and on pressing  CTRL+Shift+F12 There is still Nothing.

As you can see in your screenshot, GSX is not set to default, BOTH commands are set to CTRL+Shift+F12, which is not how GSX defaults to, you might have changed it in the past and forgot about it (the setting is the same for FSX and P3D so you might have changed it in FSX), and if you have two hotkeys set as being the same, none will work.

If you restore the default hotkeys ( CTRL+F12 and CTRL+Shift+F12 ) it will probably work.

ctrl+shift+P does nothing either.

That's normal, since ParkMe is not used anymore after GSX.

Robski

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »
That got it thank you very much

kelvinr

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:24 am »

Not for me even with a base setup. I'm going back to FSX for many reasons and hope to have GSX working with it. Crashes randomly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:41:49 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:42:16 am »
Not for me even with a base setup. I'm going back to FSX for many reasons and hope to have GSX working with it. Crashes randomly.

What crashes randomly, GSX or P3D ? In which way, exactly ?

dima

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:33 pm »
Good day,
Sorry for my bad English, I using Google Translate for that.

I would like to report here about my problem and I really hope someone can help me.

I use P3Dv4 from my computer.
Since yesterday GSX does not work anymore, but SODE works!
If I press CTRL + F12 comes only an acoustic "Bing" signal, that's it then. Even through the window Addon Manager GSX is no longer.

GSX is activated in Addon Manager! I had not installed anything new and never had any problems.

Try it yourself:
-GSX uninstalled
- P3D started up, then shut down again and GSX reinstalled
-GSX enabled via Addon Manager
 No function

-GSX uninstalled
-P3D started up and shut down again
-Antivirus uninstalled
-Shut down and restarted the PC
-GSX reinstalled as administrator
-GSX activated again via Addon Manager
-FSDT Live Update updated
-No function

I tested it on different airports with PMDG B777 and QW B787. GSX is not responding.

does anyone have any idea where the problem lies?

Greetings from Germany

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 09:39:48 pm »
If I press CTRL + F12 comes only an acoustic "Bing" signal, that's it then. Even through the window Addon Manager GSX is no longer.

If you hear the sound when pressing the GSX Hotkey (which is CTRL+SHIFT+F12 by default! ), it means GSX is working, assuming that's the sound you normally hear when you are trying to use GSX with engines on or the parking brakes on.

Assuming that's the sound you hear, the issue might be caused by having mistakenly turned off the Info Text from the simulator option, so GSX is trying to tell you something, but you cannot see it, because you turned off the text from the sim. Turn it on, in the simulator option.

If, instead, the "bing" sound is not coming from GSX, then it's possible ANOTHER add-on has taken the CTRL+F12 key ( UT Live maybe ? ), so you think GSX is not working, because what you assumed it was its key has been taken by another add-on. In this case, either change the key used by GSX with the "Key Mapping" menu or change the key used by that other add-on.

No two add-ons can use the same key.

If, instead, your issue is that you don't have the whole GSX or Couatl menu anymore, then it's clearly an antivirus problem, or possibly a problem of missing libraries in your system.

The thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing menus of missing libraries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

dima

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 10:28:54 pm »

Assuming that's the sound you hear, the issue might be caused by having mistakenly turned off the Info Text from the simulator option, so GSX is trying to tell you something, but you cannot see it, because you turned off the text from the sim. Turn it on, in the simulator option.

Thank you, that was the problem.
I deactivated the message myself in P3D under controls/information.
Now the GSX window is back !!!

Thank you very much ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:31:05 pm by dima »