Author Topic: Double Jetways  (Read 18822 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Double Jetways
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:41 pm »
I reinstalled JFK V2 but it didn't help. I have double scenery. If I move the jetway, another one remains in place. I searched for double sceneries, nothing. I had V1 before, uninstalled it before I installed the V2. Any ideas?http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/71/doublejetwaysjfk309.jpg

Dan

P.S. I checked for double files. I couldn't find one by searching with explorer nor with "simple airport scanner".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:18:37 pm by virtuali »

blaunarwal

Re: Double Jetways
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:20:34 am »
Just some more information. I saw this problem researching with google. The solution there was a double file. It had nothing to do especially with fsdt jfk. I checked, if I have this problem worldwide. No, in KORD everything is fine.

I tried disabling JFK 2. See what I got

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8042/jfk2disabled.jpg

It is still there, still double jetways. Looks like V1 to me, but I'm not sure. I try installing jfk v1 and uninstalling once again.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:18:48 pm by virtuali »

squalo111

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:42:33 am »
I also have perhaps a similar problem deactivating JFKV2: I see the same scenery as V2 (or V1, I dont' know) doubled over the default fsx. See my post here
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8557.0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:46:55 am by squalo111 »

blaunarwal

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:50 am »
Hi Squalo

I just read your posts before. Seems to be a similar problem. It looks like the old JFK is somewhere. I will install now jfk v1 again and check the filenames there. Then search for these in my FSX directories. It must be somewhere like scenery\world\scenery or addon scenery\scenery, since I have not entry for it in scenery.cfg

What did virtuali mean with other scenery.cfg. There's only one used version I thought? The others are always standard first installation state I thought.

I'm trying now to disable sceneries one by one until JFK is empty.

I checked all sceneries. Compared with FSX on an old computer with no FSDT sceneries. FSX JFK looks different. What we see is an addon. I disabled all sceneries, and it's still there. I even checked the scenery entries, you can't disable: Base, Prob, World, Global. There I moved away all non standard bgl files. JFK remainded something different than standard scenery. But where, does fsx get it???
I have no idea now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:25:36 am by blaunarwal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »
If I move the jetway, another one remains in place

This is a very specific case, and doesn't have anything to do with double sceneries. If  you have a conflicting scenery, you are supposed to see double objects everywhere, not just jetways and NOT just when they start to move (and only the one that is moving)

At SOME gates, this might happen, but it's not clear what causes it, it's likely an FSX jetway bug similar to the sinking wheels bug, likely related to video drivers, because jetway animations are handled by FSX using shaders programs that runs on the GPU. They move entirely outside our control.

I'm sorry, but there are really no sure solutions to this, other than try playing with video driver settings or possibly FSC.CFG tweaks to add and/or remove.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 01:26:08 pm »
I just read your posts before. Seems to be a similar problem.

No, your problem (according to your description) was that you still saw JFK objects even with the scenery disabled in the Scenery Library, this problem reports jetways that splits only when they move, which is an entirely different issue.

Your problem was related with something in the Scenery Library, and of course my offer to check your system with Teamviewer, still stands.

blaunarwal

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »
Your problem was related with something in the Scenery Library, and of course my offer to check your system with Teamviewer, still stands.

@Umberto: No, not to me, to Squalo you offered to check the system with Teamviewer.

How does this go with Teamviewer. Do I need Teamviewer or only you?

I don't think you can find the problem. After research on the web, I found different forum entries. Mostly the reason was seen in AES. AES Help doesn't find the new JFK v2. It seems to know only the old version.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:54:27 pm by blaunarwal »

squalo111

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 04:47:05 pm »
I need nothing, thanks

Hnla

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 05:57:50 pm »
I need nothing, thanks

Seriously ? You can't come to a forum asking for help, and when you get it you don't want it.

Take your bad attitude somewhere else from this forum.

squalo111

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 06:11:40 pm »
Yes, with no offence for you, please!,  I don't like to share my pc with other persons!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 06:20:57 pm »
@Umberto: No, not to me, to Squalo you offered to check the system with Teamviewer.

Yes, of course my reply was directed to him: I've quoted the wrong message...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 06:23:08 pm »
Yes, with no offence for you, please!,  I don't like to share my pc with other persons!

You don't share anything, except for the *duration* of that session, which has a temporary password, and nobody can enter again unless you keep Teamviewer running AND you keep the same password and of course, you can also uninstall it after done.

After research on the web, I found different forum entries. Mostly the reason was seen in AES. AES Help doesn't find the new JFK v2. It seems to know only the old version.

If the problem was AES, you should also see several jetways in places were they are not supposed to be, for example in the old terminal which was destroyed, or misplaced jetways.

If, instead, you see all jetways in their correct positions, that splits in two ONLY when they start to move, it's not AES and it's not a duplicate scenery, but is the problem I've explained in my previous message, which is probably an FSX bug related in some way to video settings.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:26:07 pm by virtuali »

blaunarwal

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 06:23:58 pm »
After hours of trying, I give up. If I uninstall JFK2, Addon Manager and Cuoatl, I have pure default scenery. After reinstalling JFK2, I have double Jetways. This seems to be a problem of the JFK2 scenery. The only thing I got rid of are double buildings like the tower. It looks perfect now as long as I don't use the jetways. GSX doesn't work anymore now. I only have the option to move the hangar doors now. No idea, why the menu for services got lost.  :o

blaunarwal

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:32:01 pm »
If it was a video settings problem, I had this everywhere, not only in JFK. FSDT Chicago O'Hare works fine, Zurich, Geneva too. It's only JFK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 06:50:16 pm »
If it was a video settings problem, I had this everywhere, not only in JFK

That's just an assumption that has no real technical base. If this is a bug that happens only after a certain amount of video memory has been consumed, and after a certain combination of shaders and materials has been called, it's very likely you wouldn't see anywhere else, if the conditions are not met, without this being a problem with JFK in itself.

And yes, I've seen it at other FSDT sceneries too, but couldn't find a cause that could be related in any way to how the sceneries are made, it's just that not many sceneries out there have custom jetways, so there's not much to compare against, perhaps FSX has a bug with custom jetways only after a certain size, either in the jetway itself, or in the overall memory usage of the scenery, and this can change by area.

I'm saying this in order to save you from wasting your time with uninstalling/reinstalling JFK or finding duplicates. If the problem is exactly as you described ( perfect jetways overall, which splits in two ONLY when they move ), it's not a problem of the scenery and it's not a problem of a duplicate scenery. Just accept the fact that the FSX jetways are bugged, just like the sinking wheels problem, which randomly affect jetways everywhere.