Author Topic: couatl causing crash - P3D  (Read 26333 times)

lionking

Re: couatl causing crash - P3D
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
Hey FSDreamteam, what are you doing on my system??

Neither Los Angeles nor XPOI have ever been installed by me. And everyone can cleary see that it isn't listed in programs.

What's it all about??

Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 10:57:55 pm »
With FSX I never had any problems in past.

That doesn't mean P3D it's the problem. I'll ask it again, for the 3rd time: are you STILL getting the SAME error you had initially ? The Overflow error ?

lionking

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 07:36:59 am »
For the 3rd time: Yes, it's still the same...  ::)

And explain me what you do on my system, mentioning KLAX and XPOI!
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 02:32:26 pm »
For the 3rd time: Yes, it's still the same...  ::)

That's the 1st time you finally replied that you are now having the ORIGINAL "Overflow" message. Your subsequent messages after the first one show entirely different issues, which were clearly a result of your editing (the reversed doors was obviously a entirely different thing, and sure it didn't caused an overflow error) and you never said you are now back to the original "Overflow" error.

About the "Overflow" error, you have been answered about it already, and it doesn't have anything to do with the difference between P3D or FSX, NOBODY has ever reported THIS problem before, and we don't have the slightest idea what is causing, other than it's surely an external cause, such as external program (even not related to flight simulation) that is interfering.

We had reports of unusual situations such as power management programs or video card tweakers causing problems, but this (the "Overflow" error) is the FIRST and ONLY report of such specific error.

The only possible solution, is to proceed by exclusion, and trying to quit all running programs one at time, until you find the culprit.

And explain me what you do on my system, mentioning KLAX and XPOI!

The problem with KLAX is caused by a free scenery from Ray Smith you have installed, that by unfortunate chance has a file with exactly the same name ( KLAX_OBJ.BGL ) and a very similar size to one of the KLAX files, so the Addon Manager believes KLAX is installed, but "outdated", because that file is not what is expect it to be.

You can fix this by simply renaming that file to anything you like, provided it keeps the .BGL extension.

Not that this has anything to do with your "Overflow" problem, the only result it will cause a bogus "Trial for fsdreamteam KLAX V2 has started" message.

What about XPOI ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:40:03 pm by virtuali »

lionking

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 04:01:57 pm »
When I said "Yes, it's still the same" at first place, I meant the Overflow.

However, yes, XPOI is indicated being installed too.
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 01:38:26 pm »
However, yes, XPOI is indicated being installed too

Where ? In the Addon Manager ? If yes, just ignore it: that label in the Addon Manager has some significance only for sceneries that comes with an AFCAD. Since XPOI it's not a scenery, it can't be detected that way, so that information is not really meaningful for non-sceneries products.

However, this doesn't have any relationship with your Overflow error, which basically shouldn't exists in the first place. And it's not related at all to the fact you are running P3D (well, it might be marginally related to it, if an external program which is causing it, it's a P3D add-on)

lionking

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »
I'll try to do an entire reinstall of all FSDT products. What entries do I have to delete in addition to the normal deinstallation procedure?
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 07:36:50 pm »
I'll try to do an entire reinstall of all FSDT products

Will not change anything, because the cause it's surely external. You can save a lot of time by just reinstalling the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, this will update/fix everything.

What entries do I have to delete in addition to the normal deinstallation procedure?

The uninstaller uninstalls everything that needs to be uninstalled, especially if you reply Yes to the questions "do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and  "Do you  want to remove the Couatl engine".

What the uninstaller doesn't uninstalls, are your activation (not related, at all, to your issue) and your preferences, which might cause errors if you had some airplane or scenery that you edited in the wrong way.

They can be removed by removing the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

This will result in all your scenery and airplane customization and your preferences being lost.

lionking

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 07:16:32 pm »
Still having the problem... :-\
Joshua Kingston

lionking

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »
I've recently remarked I had not installed .NET Framework version 4.5. Now I've updated it.

Haven't tested yet, but do you think it might be the undiscovered solution?
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 10:14:30 pm »
Haven't tested yet, but do you think it might be the undiscovered solution?

Difficult to think a solution, when you are the one and only that reported this problem. In case a solution will eventually be found (but you'll likely fix it anyway when reformatting, so you might never know what was it), it will surely you that will find it.

Again, I'm only referring to your Overflow error, if you are having other issues now, that might be different.

In any case, we don't use .NET framework, but each time you install a new framework, it usually updates the VC++ runtimes too, that we require for all our products (and FSX requires them too).

lionking

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30:10 pm »
Yep, it isn't the hoped solution.

Joshua Kingston

lionking

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 05:05:47 pm »
It seems the error has been identified but not fixed yet.

Namely I'd tested a few planes from other developers before I recognized only theOverland planes force GSX to crash. And I think with "addon unknown" Overland is supposed to be.

In FSX both worked together well in P3D, GSX and Overland work well, but only if not used at the same time.

Do you know how to fix?
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »
Namely I'd tested a few planes from other developers before I recognized only theOverland planes force GSX to crash. And I think with "addon unknown" Overland is supposed to be.

That indicates your configuration for it is wrong. Try to Reset the configuration and create a new one, being sure all data is inserted correctly.

lionking

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 06:55:46 pm »
Do you imply deletion like shown in the picture?
Joshua Kingston