Author Topic: KJFJ v2 Jetways only visible during the day  (Read 7553 times)

LuisKMIA

KJFJ v2 Jetways only visible during the day
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:05:21 pm »
Hello,

I'm truly enjoying the update KJFK.  Unfortunately, I noticed that while doing a night flight, I could not see the jetways.  My autogen density is at sparse or higher.  When I switched to day mode, I could see them, but night, dawn, or dusk show everything, except the jetways.  I'm also running in DX10 mode, which I know FSDT takes full advantage of.

Just curious if anyone else had seen this.

Thanks

Luis

LuisKMIA

Re: KJFJ v2 Jetways only visible during the day
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:47:40 am »
Here is a visual depiction of my problem.  I do not have the problem with my other FSDT airports.

LuisKMIA

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:01:45 am »
Update:  I did more troubleshooting, and it seems that the jetways display at all times in DX9 mode, but for some reason, they are only visible during the day in DX10 mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:03:45 am »
We'll check this. Have you applied all the known DX10 community fixes ?

LuisKMIA

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:41:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Yes, I have applied them all.  I have every FSDT airport, and I only have the problem with JFK v2.  I can use it in DX9 in the meantime or live with no night jetwyas in DX10 in the meantime.  Thank you for your help.

I will keep troubleshooting too.

Luis
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:44:39 pm by LuisKMIA »

LuisKMIA

Re: KJFK v2 Jetways only visible during the day
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:16:24 am »
Version 2.1 did not fix my problem with jetways not being visible at night in DX10 mode.  I removed and reinstalled all DX10 tweaks, and did a fresh install of KJFK, but no luck.  Anyone else having this problem?

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 03:50:01 am »
I just tested this out, and I do NOT have this issue. They are visible during the night.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:11 am »
Are you sure the jetways you don't see ARE from JFK and not, for example, AES ? I can see them just fine in DX10 at night.

LuisKMIA

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 05:21:44 am »
I have not used AES.  I'm still trying to figure out why they are only visible in the day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51:28 am »
I'm sorry, but you are the only one reporting this so far, so you must have some kind of other conflict with another product. JFK jetways are surely visible day and night.

LuisKMIA

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:09:22 pm »
Umberto, like I said, the problem only happens in DX10 mode.  You asked about AES.  I did have AES in the days before you released GSX, but since then, I only use GSX.  Since I completely removed JFKv1, I don't think I have any old AES files that would interfere.

I can live with the problem, but I will also continue to troubleshoot form here.

Thanks

Luis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 01:41:20 pm »
Since I completely removed JFKv1, I don't think I have any old AES files that would interfere.

Removing the scenery won't remove the AES files, they are located in the AES folder, we don't touch them when uninstalling. As I've said, you should be sure AES is disabled at JFK when using JFK V2.