Author Topic: For users with unusual Low Fps in New York Area  (Read 4120 times)

Hnla

For users with unusual Low Fps in New York Area
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:22:54 pm »
After downloading the trial for FSDT JFK v2, I noticed something around the New York area was absolutely reeking havoc on my system. Such low FPS, like 9-12. I knew from the start it wasn't FSDT, because when I flew further into the City, it stayed the same.

Anyways, the culprit was ImagineSim's old Newark Scenery. I forgot I even had this installed, because I never really fly in this area. (Until now). Disabled the scenery, now FPS are back up into the 50-60 range!

So I encourage, if you are having strange, unusually low FPS in the area of New York when spanning over certain areas, check to see if you have ImagineSim Newark installed, because I've checked this on 2 different computers now, and the result is devastating on the frame rate. (Most likely because it's for FS9)

Also, I encourage to uninstall Aerosoft Manhattan, for the marginal eye candy that it has, the performance hit is not worth it.

Happy Flying!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:24:44 pm by Boone »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: For users with unusual Low Fps in New York Area
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:53:49 pm »
I'm waiting for FTX to finally do Manhattan... if they do it as good as London, should be pretty frame easy.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

WilliamJSS

Re: For users with unusual Low Fps in New York Area
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:01:58 pm »
Same. I think when Orbx world comes out, I will grab this Airport also. Can't wait but the rest of New York default is all wrong. At least in the upstate area where I used to stomp around.

Sent from my Apple communications device.