Author Topic: Problems installing V2  (Read 6675 times)

Greg Goodavish

Problems installing V2
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:41:34 am »
I removed my old V1 JFK from FSX.  I downloaded the new JFK V2 file.  I changed the compatiblity to Administrator on the .exe file.  When I try to run it, I get this message:  Unable to execute file in the temporary directory.  Setup aborted.  Error 5: Access denied. 

I have tried other .exe files, and they work fine.  Do you have an answer for this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems installing V2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:08:46 am »
This error message has been discussed many times on the forum, and it means you tried to run the installer when FSX was still running, or were too quick launching it when it wasn't entirely closed.

A Windows restart will solve the problem.

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:05:23 am »
FSX was closed for sure when I deleted the JFK V1.  I also went into the manager, and deactivated it.  I restarted Windows 7 several times.  I am trying to start JFK V2 as adminstrator, as I do all the .exe files I run.   Still getting that msg.  Any other suggestions?

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 05:07:59 am »
I also tried reinstalling the Addon Manager for FSX, and am getting the same msg.  I tried all my FSDreamteam  .exe files, and all of them are doing it.  Somehow, something got messed up when I uninstalled the V1 of JFK.

Buddy1958

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 05:51:45 am »
This has also happened to me this evening.  I uninstalled version #1, then did a complete computer restart.  Tried to install after removal of version #1, but got the error attached in a scree shot.  Also, it seemed to install fine to Prepar3d, but will not to FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 10:09:31 am »
I tried all my FSDreamteam  .exe files, and all of them are doing it.  Somehow, something got messed up when I uninstalled the V1 of JFK.

Then the error is likely caused by your antivirus, that has mistakenly quarantined the Couatl.exe file, so the installer can't write it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:24 am »
This has also happened to me this evening.

No, you have an entirely different problem than the one discussed here.

Also, it seemed to install fine to Prepar3d, but will not to FSX.

If you had JFK installed both in P3D and FSX, you must remove it from both sims. But, since the JFK uninstaller is only one in the control panel and it's not there anymore, if you removed the P3D installation with the uninstaller, you must remove the FSX installation manually, or vice-versa.

Here's the instructions to remove JFK V1 manually:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8504.0

Buddy1958

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 12:47:41 am »
Thank you! It seems to have done the trick - deleting the folders you specified and re-installing.  I appreciate your help sir.

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 02:17:53 am »
OK, I shut off my virus scanner completely.  It then installed JFK v2.  V1 was uninstalled previously.  I got the receipt with the serial number.  I went to the addon manager, and clicked on Register Serial.  I put the number in exactly as on the email, including the dashes.  It says it does not recognize that serial number.  I did it three times, same result.  I tried shutting down my computer and restarting.  Same result.  What is stopping it now?

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 05:47:45 am »
OK, I think my virus scanner is giving me fits.  It never did before, just started doing it with JFK V2.  I now have JFK V2 activated and working.  However, in the addon manager, it shows all of my other FSDT sceneries, except Hawaain V2, to be Active but not Installed.  Even though they are installed on my computer.  How do I fix this?  Should I uninstall all FSDT sceneries, and coult.exe and addon manager, and reinstall all of it?.  Is there a way to avoid all of that?  I guess I don't understand how JFK V2 affected all of my other FSDT sceneries, unless it installed a coult.exe that doesn't work with the others.  Please, some advice to fix all of this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 01:13:30 pm »
However, in the addon manager, it shows all of my other FSDT sceneries, except Hawaain V2, to be Active but not Installed.  Even though they are installed on my computer.

"Not installed" means the Addon Manager haven't found their entries in the Scenery Library.

If you run FSX or any other FSX module in "Compatibility" mode (you shouldn't do that), the actual location from some OS folders changes, so this forces the Addon Manager looking into the wrong scenery.cfg, because the OS running a program in Compatibility mode reports system folders in different places.

Be sure none of your FSX modules/programs or FSX.EXE itself are running in any "Compatibility" mode.

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 06:52:34 pm »
I just checked, and all of my FSDT entries were not in the library in FSX.  Manually added them, and all is well.