Author Topic: JFK V2 installation **SOLVED**  (Read 4734 times)

enzo64

JFK V2 installation **SOLVED**
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:37 am »
Hi,
I have uninstalled JFK V1 as per instructions but the Addon Manager does not give me the choise to install V2.
When I click on JFK from the drop down menu, my only possibility is to reinstall V1.
What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:09:10 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 installation
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:41:29 am »
I have uninstalled JFK V1 as per instructions but the Addon Manager does not give me the choise to install V2.

The Addon Manager is never used to install a product. The "Reinstall" button starts a wizard that helps you reactivating a product after a PC Reinstall.

To "Install" JFK V2, you must download the JFK V2 Installer from the JFK V2 page of our site, and the launch the installer, same as any other Windows product out there.

When I click on JFK from the drop down menu, my only possibility is to reinstall V1. What am I doing wrong?

That's normal: since you haven't installed JFK V2, your Addon Manager doesn't know anything about it. It will appear after you download and install JFK V2.

enzo64

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:59:39 am »
Thanks for your quick reply........now I get from the wizard an error :deleteFile failed:code5 Access is denied

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04:48 am »
Thanks for your quick reply........now I get from the wizard an error :deleteFile failed:code5 Access is denied

That error code has been discussed many times already on the forum: it means you tried to run the installer when FSX was still running, or you started it too quickly, when it wasn't entirely closed.

A Windows restart will fix this.

enzo64

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 02:13:14 am »
Umberto,
my apologies if this will bother you but now at the end of the wizard installationI get this: an error occured while trying to replace the existing file: deleteFile code 32 the process cannot access the file being used from another process

enzo64

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 02:25:02 am »
Umberto thanks for your patience....I have figured it out, the pdf manual was open in another page and I guess was blocking the installation.
Thanks for your support!