Author Topic: Will there be version 2 airports for FS9?  (Read 12080 times)

Hnla

Re: Will there be version 2 airports for FS9?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:42:40 pm »
You guarantee Virtuali a certain number of copies, he'll make the FS9 versions.

I think there are MANY other reasons other than sales, that FSDT has moved away from FS9...

If what you said was true, FSDT would make two ENTIRELY different versions, one for FSX and a completely separate one for FS9.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 08:18:19 pm »
Your reply lacks any facts other than you can't afford to buy a new computer after you already bought a $600 one, which is perfectly understandable..
Right. That was exactly my point.
Captain Kevin

dbrashears

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 10:49:04 pm »
Hi Guys:  I hate to admit it but it seems my sim has finally come to an end. If no one is going to develop add on scenery, aircraft etc for it, then it is over. I have been doing this since FS4 on an 8086 CPU and 256K Ram. In my opinion FS9 was the best version Microsoft ever produced. Seems people forget not every one can afford the latest computer on the market. I realize that marketability is playing it's hand here and not the sim itself, as some would have you believe. To the one who said thank god FS9 is done, you too will see that for your FSX one day. Think twice before you put down what has given some many people hours upon hours of enjoyment. And is still a viable solution to this day. Looks like P3D or X-plane will probably the way of the future very soon. And yes,  I'll sign my post.

Don Brashears

Hnla

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:42:29 pm »
I understand why (Virtuali) deleted my picture,

but I know that's how we REALLY feel..

I'm so SICK of this FS9 Sob Story.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:47:35 pm by Boone »

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 06:14:21 am »
I understand why (Virtuali) deleted my picture,

but I know that's how we REALLY feel..

I'm so SICK of this FS9 Sob Story.

+1  >:(
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »
To the one who said thank god FS9 is done, you too will see that for your FSX one day. Think twice before you put down what has given some many people hours upon hours of enjoyment.

It gave all of us many hours of enjoyment as well, but the time has come for it to end.  As for the same happening to FSX, Microsoft already tried that with something called Flight, which failed miserably and was cancelled almost as fast as it was released.  X-Plane is a totally different simulation, and P3D is just rebranded FSX.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

twharrell

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 01:55:26 am »
I don't understand all the FS9 trashing going on lately. There's nothing wrong with people not wanting to change sims, and there is nothing wrong with asking a developer to consider support for FS9.  As Bruce stated, if enough people speak out that would make an FS9 version profitable, then a developer might consider it. I don't consider FS9 simmers speaking out as whining. They're doing exactly what FSX simmers will one day be doing. FSX is 2006 technology and all support for that platform has been abandoned. One day the shoe will be on the other foot. So, just be respectful to FS9 users. We're all part of the same community who loves all things flying. This us vs them negative tone really has no place in this hobby we all enjoy.

Todd

Hnla

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 04:40:15 am »
I don't understand all the FS9 trashing going on lately.

We're not trashing, we are just sick of FS9 users coming and telling the sob story of "Oh, us lowly Fs9 users", when there isn't ONE reason to not upgrade to FSX in 2013.

There's nothing wrong with people not wanting to change sims, and there is nothing wrong with asking a developer to consider support for FS9

Yes there is, once the developer has clearly said many times they won't be doing anything else for FS9.

As Bruce stated, if enough people speak out that would make an FS9 version profitable, then a developer might consider it.

Wrong, Sales isn't the entire reason why FSDT isn't supporting FS9 anymore. Read this post: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg64749#msg64749

I don't consider FS9 simmers speaking out as whining

Read here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg64745#msg64745

And here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg65166#msg65166

And here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg65462#msg65462

And here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg65912#msg65912

FSX is 2006 technology and all support for that platform has been abandoned

FS9 is 2003 technology. A 6 Year difference is quite a bit..