Author Topic: JFK V2 Problems **SOLVED**  (Read 7795 times)

peacedivision

JFK V2 Problems **SOLVED**
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »
Just uninstalled V1 and installed V2, when I start FSX and load JFK I get no buildings, no ground texture, just a super blurry base image and gates.

Addon manager and Coutal both show up in the addons menu, when I look at addon manager only JFK V1 is displayed and is shown as ACTIVE but Not Installed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:09:34 am by virtuali »

peacedivision

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:29:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:29:21 pm »
That's likely a problem with your scenery.cfg, which was already corrupted, so the installer didn't update it (to minimize the risk of corrupting it even more) so the Scenery Library hasn't been updated. You might try adding the scenery manually.

peacedivision

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:29:55 pm »
V1 was removed and V2 added to my scenery library as expected so no issue there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:18 pm »
If the Addon Manager and Couatl are both visible, and the scenery is in the Scenery Library, there are no reasons why it wouldn't work. If the Addon Manager reports JFK V2 as being "Not Installed", it means the scenery is not in the Scenery Library.

peacedivision

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:07 pm »
If the Addon Manager and Couatl are both visible, and the scenery is in the Scenery Library, there are no reasons why it wouldn't work. If the Addon Manager reports JFK V2 as being "Not Installed", it means the scenery is not in the Scenery Library.

Addon manager doesn't report V2 at all, only V1.  However V2 is clearly in my scenery library and other FSDT airports, such as LSGG which I just reinstalled due to an old version are working fine.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9899/adman.jpg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »
Addon manager doesn't report V2 at all, only V1.  However V2 is clearly in my scenery library and other FSDT airports, such as LSGG which I just reinstalled due to an old version are working fine.

Then it's likely a problem with your internet connection (firewall, antivirus, maybe ?) so, when you reinstalled LSGG, you didn't get the current Addon Manager files which are included with JFK2 and are updated online when running any other installer (such as LSGG), but weren't in your case, probably because of the interference of such external programs that blocked the online update when the LSGG installer ran.

Reinstalling JFK2 will surely fix this, because the JFK2 installer obviously includes everything updated, so it doesn't suffer from other products blocking the self-update feature.

peacedivision

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 08:47:08 pm »
Re-install of V2 seems to have done the trick.  Still same version of addon manager, no new scenery changes or requests for trusted modules but it is working now,  Thanks!

kevchris

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 09:36:46 pm »
I uninstalled V1 and when I attempt to install V2 I get an error message indicating:  An error occured while attempting to rename a file in the destination directory,  MoveFile failed: code 5  Access is denied
C:\Users\KEVIN\AppData\Local\Temp\is -F97DC.tmp\offline\couatl.exe

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »
I uninstalled V1 and when I attempt to install V2 I get an error message indicating:  An error occured while attempting to rename a file in the destination directory,  MoveFile failed: code 5  Access is denied

You launched the installer too quickly when FSX wasn't entirely closed. A Windows restart will fix this.

kevchris

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »
I just did a windows restart and received the same error message again.  Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 10:18:42 pm »
I just did a windows restart and received the same error message again.  Any suggestions?

Sorry, but that's not possible. You must have launched FSX again after the restart, and again launched the installer when FSX wasn't entirely closed. That message clearly indicates the Couatl.exe was still running. Since it does NOT start with Windows, the only possible explanation is that you launched FSX again after the Windows restart.

You must restart Windows (again, if you are still getting the error) and install the JFK V2 installer BEFORE launching FSX.

kevchris

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 10:45:38 pm »
All fixed now.  Thanks Umberto.  Actually, my anti-virus was blocking the installation by placing the file in quarantine.