Author Topic: Couatl not visible in FSX and pushback truck disappears **SOLVED**  (Read 6510 times)

red_october

Hi!

I recently purchased GSX and found a couple of issues.

1.   The COUATL is not run when FSX starts. I followed the instructions about turning off the antivirus, adding the exceptions and reinstalling GSX but no joy. My workaround is to create a shortcut of COUATL exe and run it from there after starting FSX. After that the dropdown menus become visible. It's a bit frustrating - I can live with it, but much appreciated if there is a solution to fix this.

2.   When I order a pushback, I can see the pushback truck hook itself up to the aircraft (PMDG 737NGX) and after the announcement by the ground crew, I select Yes on the window, the truck disappears. The aircraft continues to move until I press Shift-P to stop it. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Everything else seem to work, ie passenger boarding, catering trucks, baggage trucks, fuel trucks all works well.

Any advice appreciated for both issues.

My FSX config - FSX with Acceleration, ORBX FTX Australia SP4, REX + Overdrive, MyTrafficX 5.4, FS2Crew PMDG 737NGX, FSRecorder and EZDOK running on Windows 7 N (European version) 64-bit, Intel i5 3570K overclocked to 4.6GHz.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:00:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl not visible in FSX and pushback truck disappears
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:03:13 am »
My workaround is to create a shortcut of COUATL exe and run it from there after starting FSX. After that the dropdown menus become visible. It's a bit frustrating - I can live with it, but much appreciated if there is a solution to fix this.

This is not required and nobody else reported this problem before. To have a program starting automatically with FSX, an entry for it must be created in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML, and of course this is made automatically by the installer, unless your EXE.XML already had some kind of error, so the installer won't touch it, but in this case you should have received some kind of warning about this by the installer.

Another possible reason might be a permission problem in your system, so the Couatl.exe starts only when you start it, but FSX somehow is running with different permissions (not a normal situation, usually happens if you moved FSX from an old install instead of reinstalling it), you can try changing the Properties for Couatl.exe to run "As Administrator"

2.   When I order a pushback, I can see the pushback truck hook itself up to the aircraft (PMDG 737NGX) and after the announcement by the ground crew, I select Yes on the window, the truck disappears.

Are you sure you are using the GSX Pushback, which is called with CTRL+F12 ?

The aircraft continues to move until I press Shift-P to stop it. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Everything else seem to work, ie passenger boarding, catering trucks, baggage trucks, fuel trucks all works well.

The GSX Pushback shouldn't be stopped by Shift-P, it's stopped with CTRL+F12 while pushing and replying Yes to the request to Stop pushing, if the pushback stopped when using the default Pushback key, it seems that what you were seeing was the default Pushback, which stops with the Shift-P key.

red_october

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:47 am »
Hi Virtuali,

I will try your suggestion with issue number 1.

With regards to issue number 2, I'm sure I requested the pushback with CTRL+F12. I did forget to mention that the pushback truck disappears when I change views from captain's seat to external view (apologies for forgetting that bit of information). I will try again later today and will report back to you.

Thanks for your help.

red_october

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:32:38 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Here's my exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
-<Launch.Addon>
      <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
      -<Launch.Addon>
            <Name>Couatl</Name>
            <Disabled>False</Disabled>
            <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
            <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
            </Launch.Addon>
      </Launch.Addon>

I can see my EZCA camera entry here as well, but interestingly I also have to run it via a shortcut for it to work in FSX, i.e. I can't see it in the Add-On menu when I start FSX.

I've made the couatl.exe to be run as administrator and restarted FSX, but no joy, there's nothing under the Add-On menu. There must be something in FSX that is not reading the exe.xml file, but I have no idea what it is.

With regards to the pushback truck, it's working fine now, it doesn't disappear any more. Thanks for your help on this one. Now just have to work out the first issue of why my add-ons are not in the drop down menu  :-/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:51:41 pm »
I can see my EZCA camera entry here as well, but interestingly I also have to run it via a shortcut for it to work in FSX, i.e. I can't see it in the Add-On menu when I start FSX.

You should have said that. So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with Couatl. NONE of your add-ons in the EXE.XML are starting automatically!

In fact, as I've suspected, your EXE.XML is wrong: one the LaunchAddon tags is not closed, and this will result in FSX ignoring the whole file altogether, so everything you have there will have to be launched manually.

I think is probably easier to just remove the XML file, and reinstall both GSX and then EZdok, this should result in a correct EXE.XML
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:45:45 am by virtuali »

red_october

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 11:22:53 pm »
Thanks Virtuali, I will uninstall both GSX and EZDok but re-install GSX first before EZDok again.

In fact I'm leaning more towards re-installing Windows 7, because I find that the Windows 7 N (the European version) does not have some .dll files that the normal Windows 7 version have.

red_october

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 01:49:48 pm »
Hi!

I have fixed my exe.xml now and everything is working well. Thank you so much for you assistance!