Author Topic: Trouble to make a perfect parking at gate  (Read 4391 times)

butthead

Trouble to make a perfect parking at gate
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:52 am »
I try to follow the marshallers instructions, and I stop when the wands are "X". I do it very slow and precise.
During the evaluation of the parking, he sometimes think I park too far and sometimes to short.
I don't know how to do it to please him, and to make him  dance....

Sometimes it just work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble to make a perfect parking at gate
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:34:34 am »
Just practice more...

and, even if you get a perfect parking, there's only a 20% chance he'll dance.

butthead

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »
Should the wands be crossed or should the tips of the wands just touch each other?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:35:44 pm »
You should see the wands crossed but, if you see the marshaller making one step ahead with one foot, and then starts waving the wands back and forth, it means you went too far.

And, keep in mind it's not just the back/forward position that gets evaluated, but also the angle of approach, even if you park perfectly at the correct distance, if the airplane is a bit angled to the yellow line, the parking will not be considered good enough.

Note that on some 3rd party sceneries, it's not guaranteed the yellow line matches *exactly* the underlying AFCAD apron path, and GSX knows only about the AFCAD path so, while approaching, trust ONLY the marshaller for left/right alignment, rather then the visual scenery. Default sceneries are sometimes easier to use, because the AFCAD IS the visual scenery in all cases, while on 3rd party sceneries with custom ground, it might not be.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:39:38 pm by virtuali »

butthead

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »
The marshaller guy is reeeeally picky. They are crossed, no foot, no waving. Can still be too short or too far. Left/Right is OK.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:03:42 pm by butthead »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »
Well, since several people have posted Youtube videos with the dancing marshaller, it means they can park perfectly, and not just once, because to get the marshaller at the first "very good parking" try, you must be lucky.

Jetsetter

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 04:42:15 pm »

I just had a look at one of the YouTube videos. Very funny and a nice touch  ;D

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3