Author Topic: FCLP vLSO NEWS  (Read 14398 times)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
FCLP vLSO NEWS
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:41:49 am »
vLSO 0.7 news [FCLP] 01 April 2013

http://vlso.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/vlso-07-news-fclp.html [since corrected to .HTML {from previous incorrect .HTM}] OOPS!  ::)

"This version will support FCLP and the first FCLP location will be NOLF Coupeville. This scenery is a part of my FCLP missions pack vol.2 with only one file added for vLSO compatibility. The IFLOLS remains set to 3.75...."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:22:25 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Mickey_Techy

Re: FCLP vLSO NEWS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:21:17 am »
Thanks Spaz,

Firstly, I get an error which says, the page you are looking for on this blog doesn't exist.

Secondly, I never knew paddles even had a blog. Awesome.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:22:16 am »
Spaz,

Correction to my last post. Clicking on the 'home' link on Paddles blog, takes me to the same place you indicated in your link.

My bad.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:55:35 am »
Mickey,
The same on my end. That's because the link  should end with '.html', not '.htm'  :)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:03:57 am »
:)

SUBS17

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 10:50:48 pm »
So whats the story with your callsign change all of a sudden FSXNAVYPILOT? ;D

Orion

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:43:50 am »
This and the following ten posts.

Herbie

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 01:39:33 am »
This and the following ten posts.
Ha,ha: This and the ten previous will tell you.

SUBS17

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 02:43:54 am »
Lol I thought that there might be something funnier as thats normally how it is with callsigns. Good change though FSXNAVYPILOT is a bit to much for a callsign in MP or you could have called him FNP but that could be misunderstood to mean other stuff lol. ;D

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 05:45:01 am »
SUBS...

Lol I thought that there might be something funnier as thats normally how it is with callsigns.

It really doesn't have to be funny or not funny, just pertinent or something that sticks. Heck, sometimes callsigns get downright lame and/or boring, but the thing is, if they stick... its yours. Even guys giving them sometimes just bail.. say when a dude's last name is Campbell, SOUP will be sure to follow, even though that's pretty weak. Or some really lame acronyms that have limited meaning (ie. NASA, no apparent SA). I mean, my first callsign "yeti" never stuck, even though the story behind it is really funny. If you've seen me drink, you'd have no problem understanding this one... right JIMI?! On the other hand, "sludge" was born in an ABM IQT academics classroom from guys watching me wolfing down BK breakfast (otherwise known as SLUDGE) and has stuck like flypaper ever since.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 06:56:15 am »
I mean, my first callsign "yeti" never stuck, even though the story behind it is really funny.

Care to tell that story? :P

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:12 am »
Orion...

Yeah, but not on this thread. Need to keep the thread's original focus (FCLP vLSO) sharp. Meet ya on Skype sometime and give you "the rest of the story". Was mostly just explaining this to SUBS, that callsigns are really what happens to stick, funny or not.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:06:23 am by Sludge »

SUBS17

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 11:35:28 pm »
lol good stuff Sludge.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 10:17:26 pm »
SUBS...

Thnx. Just typical callsign stuff.

Fellas...

So who has used the FCLP vLSO full package yet? What did you use it with? The Sludge v2.0 TC/HF? The FSXBA bird? VRS bird? What were your results?

I'm asking, so you can give Paddles some feedback as well as JIMI and myself. I've downloaded the FCLP package but haven't installed it yet, even though I've worked with 0.7 beta on my san diego carrier free flight and it runs like a champ with the new G/S numbers. Plus, the customizations (multiple levels, tanker AI, etc) on the vLSO keep getting better and better.

Oh yeah, before I forget, one problem I've had is that when I do the "auto-start on FSX open" feature that Paddles told me to do, I got a problem when I'd try to close the program while FSX is still running. I'd try to re-open it, while FSX was still running, and would get a RED FSX (no connect) light. This is with a Win7 pro 64-bit install. Anyone else have the same problems?

Later
Sludge

SUBS17

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 11:58:30 pm »
I'll try to fit in some traps today. 8) This new interface looks good.