Author Topic: P3D - KORD issues/questions  (Read 5478 times)

twharrell

P3D - KORD issues/questions
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:22:46 pm »
Having just moved over to P3D from FS9, I redownloaded my FSDT sceneries and installed all of them without difficulty. For the most part, KORD looks great.  I am having 2 separate issues, however.

1) Ground textures are bleeding through the apron, taxiways and runways. This is the only Chicago scenery I have added to P3D. 

2) I notice that runway 10/28 is not listed when I select 'create a flight' in SimLauncher or P3D. This holds true even if I run Makerunways.exe.

Any help is much appreciated.

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D - KORD issues/questions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »
1) Ground textures are bleeding through the apron, taxiways and runways. This is the only Chicago scenery I have added to P3D. 

Nobody ever reported this problem, not at least specifically with P3D. I've just tested it now, and there are no bleedings.

2) I notice that runway 10/28 is not listed when I select 'create a flight' in SimLauncher or P3D. This holds true even if I run Makerunways.exe.

Runway 10/28 is there and I can selected it in the create flight screen.

Both issues are likely caused by another scenery in conflict.

twharrell

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:48:47 pm »
That's strange, because I have no other scenery installed.  And Estonia migrator is off.

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »
That's strange, because I have no other scenery installed.  And Estonia migrator is off.

You might not have a *scenery* installed, but many AI Traffic products install AFCADs, and the only possible explanation why you don't see a runway, is that you have another AFCAD in conflict. I assure you the AFCAD that comes with O'Hare has runway 10/28.

twharrell

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:36:25 am »
If I open P3D directly, Runway 10/28 is listed. If I use SimLauncher, it isn't.  The only AI I am using is WoAI.

Todd

twharrell

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:05:30 am »
Update: Figured out the AFCAD issue.  Whenever you run the Estonia migrator tool, it will create a "permanent" FSX.exe dummy file in the P3D folder.  I double-checked and my Estonia tool was disable, but I has a FSX.exe file in my P3D folder. I deleted it, ran makerunways, and now FSDT KORD is recognized by SimLauncher and  RC4. Rwy 10/28 finally is a choice in the SimLauncher menu.  That would explain why whenever I opened P3D directly, Rwy 10/28 was listed, but not listed when I ran P3D through SimLauncher.  So, if you disable the Estonia migrator tool, make sure you delete the dummy FSX.exe file.  Now, unfortunately that did not solve my texture bleed issue.  I even uninstalled KORD and reinstalled after removing the FSX.exe dummy file.  SO, if there us another scenery interfering, I have no idea where it came from, because the only Chicago scenery I own is FSDT. Again, I use WoAI, and all of those aircraft and flight plan files files were directly copied from my FS9 computer.   This is a head scratcher, Umberto, if you can't repeat it. Here are some screen shots of what I am talking about:

Todd

twharrell

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:16:56 am »
Umberto,

Any comments on those images?  I just want to get confirmation from you that those images are not normal.  I also want to add that I disabled the FSDT KORD scenery and the default KORD scenery has zero bleed through. When I re-enable FSDT KORD, I get bleedthrough ground textures like in the images above.  All other FSDT sceneries look fine - i.e. no bleedthrough.  Is it possible that I downloaded a corrupt installer, and would it be worth downloading a fresh installer?  Is it possible my antivirus and firewall interfered with the download (I use MS security essentials and Windows 7 firewall)?

By the way, I checked for any duplicate AFCADs and did not find any.  ???

I looked in the texture folder and see several files with extension xxxxxxxx.agn, where xxxxxx = numbers. What are those?

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 08:46:26 am »
I don't see any problem in your images, that's how the scenery is made and is supposed to look like. I thought you had flickering stuff, that's why I suggested a conflict with another scenery.

twharrell

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »
So those faint blurred hold short lines are supposed to be there? I guess if that's what the taxiways look like after a complete airport expansion (real life) then kudos to you and the crew for capturing that. I thought it was a texture bleedthrough. Please accept my apologies for making it a big issue and keep on kicking ass on your next project.  8)

Todd