Author Topic: Crashes after installation on a new pc  (Read 7893 times)

Diuhh

Crashes after installation on a new pc
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:41 am »
Hello

I have problems with your Zurich Scenery! Firstly let me say that I am absolutely happy with your scenery design! but i have some problems in zurich. when i come near the terminal the fs crashes to the desktop!

I downloaded the newest version of your scenery and then i activate it with my backup key. when i start the addon manger in fs9 then the scernery seems activated.

I tried to fly into zurich even with a default aircraft. all other sceneries and aircrafts i have installed works absolutley perfect!

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

Till

tlabbe

Re: Crashes after installation on a new pc
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:58:57 am »
Hi,
Would it be possible to post your system configuration so we can help you out?

How much RAM do you have? If its more than 3GB you will have to edit your boot.ini file to include the /3GB switch.

is it a CTD or OOM error? those are really different.

Thierry

Diuhh

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:46:28 am »
Here is my System:

Intel Core Duo E8500 3.16 GHZ
2 x 2GB DDR2-800 RAM
ASUS EN 8800GTX 768MB
Board: ASUS P5K Pro
Windows XP with Service Packs

Ist is a CTD not an OOM Crash.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:53 pm »
Have you tried downloading and installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ? Does the crash happens only when flying *into* Zurich, or even if you start a flight there ?

You should have a little patience with replies, because it's vacation time, and we might have some delays in the answers for a couple of days more.

anderson

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 02:46:24 pm »
I have just the same problem. Yesterday I made my new PC
Core 2 Duo E 8600 3.3 GHZ
2 Gb Corsair 8500 RAm
MSI GTX260
Board Asus p5q premium
Win XP SP3

It simply CTD...And it happens to me when i even start at ZRH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 03:14:02 pm »
It simply CTD...And it happens to me when i even start at ZRH

Please confirm: your FS9 loads fine, you see the Addon Manger menu (so this shows it runs correctly), but it crashes ONLY when placing at Zurich ?

I'm assuming you are already using the current version of the installer. Can you please check if it happens at other sceneries from us, like KORD for example ? If you don't have it, try downloading the Trial.

anderson

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 03:23:35 pm »
Yes, Fs9 loads just fine, in Addon Manger menu everyting fine also. And yes it crashes ONLY when I am placing to ZRH, and in doesn't matter what aircraft i use PMDG 747 or default Cessna.
I will try to reinstall it todays evening try som evariants and we will see the results!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:26:08 pm »
Yes, Fs9 loads just fine, in Addon Manger menu everyting fine also. And yes it crashes ONLY when I am placing to ZRH, and in doesn't matter what aircraft i use PMDG 747 or default Cessna.

Could be that, when reinstalling everything on the new PC, you forgot to apply the FS9.1 update ? This will likely result in a crash when loading the scenery area.

anderson

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 03:34:29 pm »
Well, I have bought this FS9 just 2 years ago and it is already 9.1 version so no need to update. With my old PC there was no problem (except not very high fps, but it was about AMD 3800+ ;D).

anderson

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 12:20:50 pm »
The problem seems to be resolved!
I have just re downloaded the package! Now everything is just great, thank you very much for support and for great scenery! ;)