Author Topic: KPHX  (Read 7646 times)

johndrago

KPHX
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:22:26 am »
Hi Umberto,

I know Flightbeam created KPHX already, and that they used your system for their install.  Has FSDT considered doing their own KPHX, or would that be out of the question?

Thanks,

John

ESzczesniak

Re: KPHX
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:32:09 am »
Not that FSDT doesn't create some great airports, but why?  The FlightBeam is beautiful itself and FSDT could take their efforts to an aiport that doesn't have such a great (or any!) rendition already.

johndrago

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 02:36:32 am »
Not that FSDT doesn't create some great airports, but why?  The FlightBeam is beautiful itself and FSDT could take their efforts to an aiport that doesn't have such a great (or any!) rendition already.

Fair enough.  I should have prefaced that it was highly unlikely due to what you said before I posted.  I'm just one who likes to keep things packaged neatly.  I've had bad experiences from 3rd party developers with poor airport design in the past, but FSDT has always been top quality, and no problems.  I haven't tried Flightbeam, so perhaps I should download their trial first.  :o

With that said, I knew it was a loooooooog shot question.

Thanks for your reply.

John

ESzczesniak

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 02:43:05 am »
Fear not with FlightBeam (I know, poor form on an FSDT forum).  Quite honestly, I've seen some speculate that FlightBeam is a subsidiary of FSDT.  While I doubt that's true, their scenery is every bit as good as FSDT in quality (both appearance and performance).  What's best is that FSDT and FlightBeam seem to work very well together (both the companies and the scenaries in FSX).  I can only hope that means they may both help each other to improve in the future.  FSDT and FlightBeam are the only two scenary companies whose stuff I buy regardless (FlyTampa is nice, but not all of their older stuff does it for me).

twharrell

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 04:42:24 am »
If I am not mistaken, they share the same installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 05:01:25 am »
Flightbeam surely isn't an FSDT subsidiary, they are just very good and very smart developers that went very fast from being unknown, to be considered one of the best scenery developers out there. They licensed our sales/installation system, and we are happy to provide them with suggestions now and then.

As far as making airports they already did, it really won't make any sense. Even if they were bad, and they surely aren't!

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 06:06:14 am »
Flightbeam surely isn't an FSDT subsidiary, they are just very good and very smart developers that went very fast from being unknown, to be considered one of the best scenery developers out there. They licensed our sales/installation system, and we are happy to provide them with suggestions now and then.

As far as making airports they already did, it really won't make any sense. Even if they were bad, and they surely aren't!

I 120% Agree with everything you said. Flightbeam KPHX is a wonderful, and very detailed airport!

This whole question doesn't make any sense..

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46:40 am »
Fear not with FlightBeam (I know, poor form on an FSDT forum).  Quite honestly, I've seen some speculate that FlightBeam is a subsidiary of FSDT.  While I doubt that's true, their scenery is every bit as good as FSDT in quality (both appearance and performance).  What's best is that FSDT and FlightBeam seem to work very well together (both the companies and the scenaries in FSX).  I can only hope that means they may both help each other to improve in the future.  FSDT and FlightBeam are the only two scenary companies whose stuff I buy regardless (FlyTampa is nice, but not all of their older stuff does it for me).

Nonsense  >:( Flightbeam make HIGH-quality addons same as FSDT. 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »
FSDT and FlightBeam are the only two scenary companies whose stuff I buy regardless

I have one or two others that also fit that category, one of them makes airports that fit (almost) perfectly on the other's England land class.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 06:41:27 pm »
FSDT and FlightBeam are the only two scenary companies whose stuff I buy regardless

I have one or two others that also fit that category, one of them makes airports that fit (almost) perfectly on the other's England land class.

ORBX :-) right?
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

ESzczesniak

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »
...Flightbeam make HIGH-quality addons same as FSDT.

Isn't that what I said?  I agree that they are superb add-ons.