Author Topic: Military AI  (Read 11627 times)

skimmer

Military AI
« on: March 25, 2013, 03:22:09 am »
Does anyone have a good military ai package? Lets say one that has various made up flights around the US.I dont want to build them I want an easy payware pac with lots of flights. Maybe even some military airbases that come with it. I know,SDB has some bases with limited aircraft that taxi,takeoff then come around and do it again.But not what Im looking for.

Thank you :)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Military AI
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:06:30 am »
 Here's an awesome place to start.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:09:41 am »
+1 for Military AI Works.  Really fantastic packages IMHO.
Pops

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:12:24 am »

MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4 B

1. 100% FSX (DX9/10) Compatible FPS friendly models & NOT FS2004 ported over.
2. Created Flight Plans or LIVE (Real world) flight scheduling for all types of AI; including ships.
3. AFCADs for ALL airports with correct payware released versions support.
4. User controllable with numerous built-in tools ...
And many many more...(Read link to learn more).

:)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:14:00 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »
 MyTraffic may be for FSX but 95% of the models look like they should be in FS2002 at best, they are hideous. MAIW is awesome in FSX and it's free as well.

Herbie

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:00 pm »
MyTraffic may be for FSX but 95% of the models look like they should be in FS2002 at best, they are hideous. MAIW is awesome in FSX and it's free as well.

Dave! You are right: My Traffic is not so good. It's a lower version, But we are Talking hear about:   

"MyTraffic X PRO" by Burkhard Renk Not a Aerosoft product as you pointed out.
5,700,000+ weekly AI Flights - MyTraffic X includes over 5,700,000 (yes, that's correct – almost 6 million) AI flights per week between 8,262 airports in all regions of the world. These flights include international, national, regional, commuter, general aviation, cargo, amphibian airlines, military and touch and go circuits-----------Hope those clear it up. Herb

ESzczesniak

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 12:45:36 am »

Agreed, I just couldn't take the terrible appearances.  I use UT2 for civil and MAIW for military.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 01:47:21 am »
 No offense to those who use it but MyTraffic X PRO models still look quite bad.

If you simply want to populate your airports that's fine, I want my AI to look good. When others see it they say "Wow, that's amazing", when I see videos and screens of MyTraffic X (any version, it doesn't matter) I'm rather repulsed.

As they say, each to his own.

skimmer

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:07:13 am »
James thanks for the idea.I do want the best looking models as Im sure we all do.Ive been looking at military ai works and it looks good and also looks like I will have to put some time in getting it to achive what I want.Thanks for all the ideas.You know someone could make some good money putting a package together that you just purchase and dwnload .

Thank you :)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 06:03:00 am »
Skimmer...

Ya, I'd have to agree with those that say MAIW.

Look at this screenie, with all the Eagles and Raptors.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toteavbods-pictures/4662402001/

Dave...

Yeah, it looks like MyTraffic X Pro puts all their eggs in civilian AI birds. I mean the best military I've seen is the KC-135, and that's not all that good. Most of their default military models look really bad.

Just a few pics for comparison.

Later
Sludge

JamesChams

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:56 pm »
James thanks for the idea.I do want the best looking models as Im sure we all do.Ive been looking at military ai works and it looks good and also looks like I will have to put some time in getting it to achive what I want.Thanks for all the ideas.You know someone could make some good money putting a package together that you just purchase and download.   Thank you :)
Hi skimmer,
Actually, what I did is modded my MyTraffic X AI and substituted them (models) with other FSX payware versions, like for instance with the F-15 & F-16's, I used MilViz's F-15E AI & Aerosoft's F-16C AI which come included in their payware packages or use other high-res payware models (e.g. AlphaSim's Tornado) for others but there are issues with some models that didn't use correct squadron markings, etc. which you will have to search online to get the correct ones.  Moreover, you will have to remove the VC files and move them into the appropriate locations (leading into more HDD space requirements) and, of course, FPS issues on mid to low-end systems if you use a really non-AI optimized model, like say the CS B-52 or B707 with McPhat's UHDT textures, and the flightplans from MAIW ask for 20-50 models to populate your airport.  :o

However, I mainly gave up on MAIW a while back because of their AFCAD issues, DX10 compatibility issues, and with ported over MAIW AI into say FSDT's PHNL (Hickman AFB) which resulted in duplicate AFCADs and invisible AI taxiing issues and weird flight TOF/Landing behaviors, which was only compounded by the most intolerable of issues, FSX crashing.  :o :P

Eventually MAIW will move over into FSX/P3D and when that happens I'm sure I'll try it out again.  But, just be aware of the possible issues and as always do have fun. :D

@Everyone:
BTW: MyTrafficX does have High-res visual AI models with animations (flaps, gear, & doors moving) but they are expensive on FPS, you'd select them from the config programs menu and they match MAIW model's quality in appearance; but, for ultra-high res models (2048/4096) you have to buy additional model-textures at a slight extra cost ($), are mainly for airliners, and, as always, perform better on EXTREME processor based systems.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:51:57 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Letourn

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 11:22:06 pm »
if you wanna see all the packages of MAIW and how to convert them to FSX

http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/maiw.php

If you want to use them with DX10 Preview

http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/