Author Topic: Missing textures and eventually all objects disappear, help.  (Read 4002 times)

dornier

Missing textures and eventually all objects disappear, help.
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:24:28 am »
Hi,

After installing GSX I've noticed graphic issues whenever I use PMDG NGX or Airbus X extended.  About 50% of the time, vehicles and buildings disappear and sometimes not a single building is visible.  A little while ago, the only thing visible on the follow me vehicle were the lights.  Sometimes, FSX becomes almost unusable because all of the graphics on the screen appear to tear or duplicate.  If I'm able to get to the menu, most of the time changing the time reloads the textures and scenery.  To be clear, sometimes FSX and GSX work perfectly, other times I have to restart FSX or change the time of day to reload all of the textures.  Any ideas?

I'm running:

1. FSX with SP2
2. Rex
2. Windows 8 64bit with 12GB
3. AMD Radeon HD 6900 series videocard with 2GB with current drivers
4. Add-on manager 2.9.0.6
5. Default FSX airports, no add-on airports installed

I also noticed that the add-on manager has settings for FSX, should I change any of them?  Force HD 4096, etc?  I haven't changed any of the settings on this screen.

Thanks,

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing textures and eventually all objects disappear, help.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:48:16 am »
whenever I use PMDG NGX or Airbus X extended.

A little while ago, the only thing visible on the follow me vehicle were the lights.  Sometimes, FSX becomes almost unusable because all of the graphics on the screen appear to tear or duplicate. 

That clearly indicates the problem is not GSX, but simply resource exhaustion because you use such memory hungry airplane with too high settings, or likely a problem with video memory corruption/exhaustion. It's either the driver, or it's a setting in the driver, or it's a tweak, or it's just video memory corruption.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.