Author Topic: Pushback request  (Read 3137 times)

johannvr

Pushback request
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:11:27 am »
Is it possible to get the tow truck to move away quicker after pushback? GSX works fine, no issues, just the ground crew and tow truck takes it's time to move out of the way for aircraft to start taxi. Even after the "left/right is clear" message it still blocks the taxi way, do an awkward turn and then drive away. About 2 mins from setting park brakes till it cleared the way. With AES, for example,  it's only 30secs. I have seen in real life, the tow truck mostly moves away instantly after the tow bar has been released.

Johann

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback request
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »
About 2 mins from setting park brakes till it cleared the way. With AES, for example,  it's only 30secs.

I don't think it's 2 minutes but, there's a bit of time needed to get the wingwalker going back on the truck, for those tow trucks that have the wingwalker riding on them. Of course, if we didn't had a (realistic and nice looking) riding wingwalker in the first place, there would be no wait but, more realistic human animations are usually a GSX feature.

And of course, there's the issue that GSX must work on the airport AFCAD (which makes it universal in the first place) so, we can't always control the path and its length, because they also depend on the AFCAD used.

johannvr

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:00:35 am »
Umberto, I checked again on a few different airports and it really is about 2 minutes from setting park brakes to clear the taxi way. Ok, I understand about the afcad issue. Then how about a choice of tow truck without a riding wingwalker, or tow truck (with wingwalker) clears the way and then the "left/right is clear" message. It's confusing to get a  ".... clear" message and the tow truck still blocking the taxi way for a while.
Just a request, thank you anyway for this nice addon.

Johann

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 08:53:04 am »
Then how about a choice of tow truck without a riding wingwalker

The smaller truck, which appear with airplanes under a certain weight (about 737 and below) doesn't have a riding wingwalker.