Author Topic: AFCAD Radius with GSX  (Read 4881 times)

psykie

AFCAD Radius with GSX
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:39:38 pm »
Hello

I'm trying to differentiate AFCAD radius size to seperate larger Bizz jets i.e., G-4's from smaller bizz jets (default Lear45's).  When trying to do so I started a flight at KMDW in the default Lear 45 and GSX stated that the parking was two small to operate.  But when I enlarge the AFCAD Radius to 23 or higher than the G4's park in areas that I dont want them to park.  Does anyone have an answer to this "all or nothing" dilemma.  Its to bad that AFX afcads are not more specific.  Would customizing the parking in GSX solve this problem?

Thanks for any feedback!

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD Radius with GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:34:27 pm »
The "Customize parking position" in GSX exist for the precise reason to be able to specify a GSX radius, without affecting the underlying AFCAD.

psykie

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:39:11 pm »
Excellent Virtuali

Thanks for your quick response!  I WILL customize my parking spot.  In future GSX updates I hope you guys are able to have an option to clear a parking spot after I land at an airport.  Also another suggestion would be to have the tug or pushbag vehicle able to pull and push.  Just my experience when working with GSX.  Thanks so much for a GREAT product!

Matthew  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:43:59 pm by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:04:04 am »
Thanks for your quick response!  I WILL customize my parking spot.  In future GSX updates I hope you guys are able to have an option to clear a parking spot after I land at an airport.

As soon as you select your parking, is cleared from any *ground* vehicle already there. Or, are you asking for a "dislodge AI" option, so you can freely park whenever you please, even if it's already taken ? That wouldn't be very realistic, although I would love it to have it in real life, especially when shopping at the mall...

Also another suggestion would be to have the tug or pushbag vehicle able to pull and push.  Just my experience when working with GSX

Yes, we are aware of it, it's surely under consideration for an upgrade.

psykie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:31:54 am »
Hello Virtuali

My thinking is, if your able to clear a customized afcad radii/parking spot of an AI then one does not have to customize multiple parking spots.  In that way you only have to customize a minimal amount of parking spots or just one.  Does that make sense?  This makes sense to me since I only fly bizz jets and park at the FBO's.  

Matthew
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:25:32 am by psykie »
Matthew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:36:55 am »
If you don't want airplanes parking in specific places, it's best to work on the AFCAD and work with both radius and atc_airline_codes, the GSX customize parking is intended to fix problems such as parking radius very small when they are physically larger in the scenery, not as a tool to redirect AI traffic, that would be the AFCAD job.

psykie

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 04:23:42 pm »
Hey virtualli

I think you just answered my question.  So, if I custamize my parking spot and make it really small (too small for the aircraft that I'm flying) I wont get a message from GSX stating "parking spot is too small for this aircraft".
I will experiment.

Matthew
Matthew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:37 pm »
So, if I custamize my parking spot and make it really small (too small for the aircraft that I'm flying) I wont get a message from GSX stating "parking spot is too small for this aircraft".

That's exactly the reason why there's a parking radius option in the GSX customize page: to have GSX ignoring the radius from the AFCAD, which can be set to any value, for any reason.