Author Topic: eSellerate ERROR -25007 Machine Mismatch  (Read 4613 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
eSellerate ERROR -25007 Machine Mismatch
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:28:15 pm »
Dear FSDreamteam

When I update the BIOS, when I update the AHCI/RAID drivers, almost everytime I have to reactivate my FSDT airports. I shouldn't buy more of your wonderful products, since they make me have a lot of work instead of flying. Please think about a better software protection.

Dan
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:41:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: eSellerate ERROR -25007 Machine Mismatch
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:41:09 pm »
You make it sound as if this is something you do regularly. How many times you update your BIOS and/or your AHCI/RAID drivers ???

As explained other times on the forum, when this message appears, it's not certain you consumed an activation, because the system is able to understand it was a upgrade and not a new system.

But, if you are worried about consuming your activations, since you seems to KNOW that on YOUR system, updating such items will result in an activation confirmation, when you are planning such updates (BIOS and/or AHCI/RAID drivers is NOT something that just updates itself automatically like a Windows update, it's something you have to start willingly), if you use the "DEACTIVATE" function of the Addon Manager BEFORE starting the upgrades, an activation will be RECLAIMED from the system so, even a new one would be used, it will net to zero, not counting towards your used total.

There's no limit how many times you can use the Deactivate function.

Please think about a better software protection.

There's no better software protection out there that allows you so many activations per order, to start AND the ability for YOU to control Deactivation without contacting anyone when planning an hardware change.

VitaminA330

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 05:49:40 pm »
BTW, but what exactly does this error mean? I still get the same message at a certain airport (well it's Flightbeam's KPHX, but the activation system is the same) AFTER it ran without any problems for further months.

I didn't update anything (except the usual Windows updates) and I didn't install any new hardware components. First I thought it was a failure of my harddrive, but obviously there is no hardware error at all (I even had it checked by a PC store).

The manual activation system doesn't work properly for a new activation - as always if there are such problems.

Oh, and yes: I have installed the newest Addon Manager while deactivating any virus scanner.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »
BTW, but what exactly does this error mean?

That something in the hardware has changed, and you must confirm the activation.

This doesn't automatically mean you *have* changed your hardware, the real chain works like this:

- Some of your installed drivers has presented itself to Windows as a new device

- Windows reported it to the Esellerate library as a different hardware config

- The Addon Manager (which doesn't even *try* to look at your hardware, it only trusts Esellerate ) notifies you in FSX that Esellerate is telling there's a new hardware and checks the activation again.

Confirming your activation doesn't always indicate you have CONSUMED an activation. It's possible the activation confirmation is requested, but your remaining activations count would still end up being the same.

The manual activation system doesn't work properly for a new activation - as always if there are such problems.

The manual activation always works. What had a few issues last weeks was the automatic online activation instead, because Esellerate had some servers down so, the solution was to use the Manual activation, because that always works.

But the server problems have been fixed  by then so, either activation should work now. People are activating every day, both online and offline and I haven't got any unusual number of support request about either method having issues (they were *a lot* in the week the servers were really down).

VitaminA330

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »
The manual activation always works. What had a few issues last weeks was the automatic online activation instead, because Esellerate had some servers down so, the solution was to use the Manual activation, because that always works.

But the server problems have been fixed  by then so, either activation should work now. People are activating every day, both online and offline and I haven't got any unusual number of support request about either method having issues (they were *a lot* in the week the servers were really down).

OK, might be possible that all my trials to reactivate the product fell into that period of server problems. So that means I just have to activate the product again, as if I did this for the first time? Then I just try it again and see if it works now. There should be enough activations "left" at this moment.

Thanks!

VitaminA330

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:52 pm »
OK, seems to work now. Appearently I really got into those times of trouble at Esellerate unfortunately while trying to activate the last time.