Author Topic: What about boxed products?  (Read 3622 times)

Prabi95

What about boxed products?
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »
Dear FSDT team,
I really like your products and so I want to ask you something: why do not you also release boxed ( cd) products ? I have your demos of 3 airports but I can't buy them because I have no Paypal account and I love having a giant collection of CDs !

I m hoping for a good response !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What about boxed products?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:03:45 pm »
It doesn't make any sense to release a boxed version of our products, because you would have to pay for a DVD duplication, a box, shipping and customs fees so, the products will be way more expensive, for no reason. Why wasting a DVD to hold an installer that will only use a small fraction of its size, which takes minutes to download ?

And of course, if we sold a boxed product ourselves, since we use Esellerate to accept payments, they only take CC or PayPal too.

Maybe with "boxed product", you meant something you could buy in a shop, with cash. In that case, it will be even *more* expensive because, in addition to all the other costs, the retailer will have his own mark-up.

So no, we won't release a boxed product, because it doesn't make any sense with the kind of products we do (if our installers were many GBs, perhaps a DVD might have been useful...), because it's cheaper and faster for you to purchase the download version.

Creating a PayPal account is free so, there's no reason you can't create one.

And, you don't need a Credit Card to use PayPal. You can create a free PayPal account, and Wire Transfer enough money for your purchases to PayPal, and then purchase anything (if there's enough money on the balance) using your PayPal balance. A Credit Card is required to use PayPal only if your PayPal balance is not enough to cover the payment.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:08:52 pm by virtuali »

por930

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:12:20 am »
Due to my web speed on some days, downloads can be very difficult as it can take several hours depending on files sizes. Can you give me some idea what size download to expect for the various products. I may have to look into download managers to break the files sizes down and re-connect them.
Regards
Geoff
Geoff

Highiron

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:36:19 am »
File sizes range from approximately 250MB - 55MB. Large airports will be in the higher end, smaller ones and GSX in the lower end.

You may want to look at some download accelerator to speed up downloads with multiple connections, for example I have used D.A.P. Premium for over 10 years.
It provides up to 10 simultaneous connections which cuts download times to a 1/3 of what they are with a single connection, and it has a resume function in the event of a timeout or disconnection which comes in very handy. You can download large files overnight when you go to bed if your connection is super slow. If it disconnects, you can resume it, and it will pick up where it left off. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

por930

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »
Thanks Thad,
Sounds just what I am looking for. Some days, like our public holidays today, every one home, so speed can be super slow. Your solution may make large downloads possible. Thanks for that and will try it.

Regards
Geoff