Author Topic: Is this AFCAD?  (Read 5612 times)

Hnla

Is this AFCAD?
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:32:02 am »
Hello,

I'd like to start off and say that I haven't bought CYVR yet. Just downloaded the demo to make sure it suits my system

However I am a little stumped on the fact that the FPS is significantly lower when I span to the middle of the airport. (Like where the tower is)

For example:

I'll load up the NGX, at gate 41 at CYVR. This is in *virtual cockpit*. I'll span the aircraft to the outside terminals, and the frames will be at about 30

Than, I'll span it in the middle of the airport (where the tower is), and it will drop to about 19-20. Even lower with weather.

So far I have:

-Used FSX airport scanner twice, deleted 2 duplicate ADCAD files. (my traffic) Made *some* difference..
-Checked UP AND DOWN in my FSX folder for duplicate AFCAD.. nothing. (searched "cyvr")
-Disabled and removed ORBX PNW.
-Turned down textures in the installer.
-Turned down 4096 textures

My system is:

Intel Core i5-2500K @4.4 Ghz
GTX 560 TI
8 GB RAM.
Windows 7 64-bit

My FSX settings are:

Autogen density set to "Normal"
Ai traffic set to "17%"
All other traffic off
Water set to "Low 2x"
Scenery complexity: "Extremely dense"

Is this the performance I should "expect" with my situation? Or is it some AFCAD that I haven't found?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is this AFCAD?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:00:54 pm »
When you are testing an airport for fps, you should only use a default airplane first. Do you see the same variation with a default airplane too ?

Not only that, you should test with AI at 0%, otherwise you are not testing the airport fps, you are testing the efficiency of the models of the AI airplanes you are using. Since AI can affect fps dramatically, due to parking layout, schedule (which means difference in time of the day and day of the year), if you are testing an airport for fps with AI turned on, you are likely to get confused to check where the problem is.

AFTER you tested with a default airplane, with AI off, IF you are still seeing such large difference in fps, THEN you can start looking at the scenery, either the airport itself, or any possible conflicts/problems with the rest of the installed scenery.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:59:53 pm »
Ok.

With the DEFAULT Cessna 172, at Gate 41, with ALL traffic OFF, when I span away from the center, I get anywhere from 30-50 fps (frames unlocked)

When I span in the center, my frames go down and fluctuate from from 14-22.

THEN you can start looking at the scenery, either the airport itself, or any possible conflicts/problems with the rest of the installed scenery.

I literally have checked up and down for duplicates... used the scanner... I deleted every file with the name "CYVR" that isn't in the Fsdreamteam folder, or the world scenery folder.

Any advice or ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:59:45 pm »
When I span in the center, my frames go down and fluctuate from from 14-22.

That's not normal, with your system specs, and surely not with AI off and with a default airplane. You should see AT LEAST 40-45 fps.

I literally have checked up and down for duplicates... used the scanner... I deleted every file with the name "CYVR" that isn't in the Fsdreamteam folder, or the world scenery folder.

If you look in the forum, another user had the same identical problem, low fps only in the central area. There's a thread many pages in length, and he was *ABSOLUTELY* sure he didn't had any conflict. But in the end, it turned out being another scenery in conflict, which the airport scanner couldn't detect.

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:48:57 pm »
I suspected that.

Do you know what the AFCAD was that he found? I'll P.M him, and i'll keep looking for duplicates..

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:07:59 pm »
the files  should be  in the  ftx-na-pnw05 scenery  folder  but  just check  all your  folders  just to check as  i  did  since  had  the same  problem as  yours

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 03:57:26 pm »
the files  should be  in the  ftx-na-pnw05 scenery  folder  but  just check  all your  folders  just to check as  i  did  since  had  the same  problem as  yours

I totally deleted that folder, than tested it, and it had no effect.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:20 am »
don't worry I live with 6fps XD