Author Topic: Hardware mismatch?  (Read 2773 times)

Slayer

Hardware mismatch?
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:19:52 pm »
Hi, I started FSX today and all my FSDT products said - Esellerate "hardware mismatch" "Product is properly installed would you like to activate it now?"
I had to reactivate all my airports and GSX. Not sure if this will cause an issue or if I have limited activations. Everything seems to be working fine.

I just thought it was strange as my hardware and OS hasn't changed at all and I haven't done any reinstall. I did install Aerosoft Airbus X Extended yesterday though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:22:06 pm by Slayer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hardware mismatch?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:26:02 pm »
That's not really an error message, it's just an information that something has changed in your hardware. Now, whether YOU manually changed hardware, or some of your drivers has a bug and decided to report to Windows an hardware change, which in turns reports to Esellerate the hardware change, which in turns reports to the Addon Manager the same, doesn't change much, it's still seen as an hardware change.

We don't do any hardware detection ourselves, we rely on Esellerate, which in turns relies on your Windows drivers at the lowest level. It's possible that something related to overclocking might cause this, but it only happens in very rare circumstances with specific combinations of driver/mainboard/cpu and overclocking methods.

Is not really a problem, you will simply have to confirm the activation because, even if you got that message, it might still not count as a MAJOR hardware change, consuming one of your activations.