Author Topic: Correct parking position  (Read 3968 times)

VHHHflyer

Correct parking position
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:55:25 am »
Hi everyone,

I want to congratulate  FSDreamteam for such an amazing product. It brings a whole new level of realism.

I have one question. Most of the time, after parking i get a message that the parking was not good. It is because i sometimes misunderstand the marshallers instructions. Is there an option to reset the aircraft to parking space as there is an option in AES.

I just did a flight at Khasab airport by oryxsim and requested a follow me after landing. the follow me did not drive on the taxiway. It was driving on the sand right beside the taxiway and it lead me the opposite way to the marshaller. i was behind the marshaller. Any fix for the follow me or is it just random?

I have noticed that there are two types of pushback tugs for aircraft like the A330. I received two different types of tugs on two different airports but the same aircraft. At OPKC, i received a very detailed one which had a long bar extended in front. At OTBD, i got one in which the wheels go in the middle. Are these tugs chosen randomly or are they programmed for specific regions?

Regards,
Haris Baig.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:30:49 am by harisbaig »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Correct parking position
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:15 am »
I just did a flight at Khasab airport by oryxsim and requested a follow me after landing. the follow me did not drive on the taxiway. It was driving on the sand right beside the taxiway

That's likely because the AFCAD has a problem with orphaned nodes, unlinked parkings, etc.

and it lead me the opposite way to the marshaller. i was behind the marshaller.

That's because the designer made the AFCAD heading reversed to the heading of the line approaching it. This is not always an "error", so GSX has an option to fix this in the scenery customization page.

Are these tugs chosen randomly or are they programmed for specific regions?

As explained on Page 16 of the GSX manual:

There are different tow truck vehicles available in GSX, smaller tractors with a single driver, or larger models, some using a towbar, other with a more modern towbar- less design. Some models have a place for the wingwalker to stand on, but on smaller models, the wingwalker will approach the airplane walking aside the tow truck. They are chosen depending on your airplane weight.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:15:02 pm »
How can i fix the AFCAD in the customization page?

And, is there an option of resetting the aircraft to the correct parking position if i get a wrong parking like not straight or properly aligned?

Regards,
Haris Baig
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:20:52 pm by harisbaig »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »
How can i fix the AFCAD in the customization page?

You can't fix AFCAD problems like orphaned nodes, missing links, unconnected parkings in the customization page, you must edit the AFCAD.

About the reversed heading, sorry, is not in the customization page, it's only something we can customize, but we'll add the same option to the user interface too.

And, is there an option of resetting the aircraft to the correct parking position if i get a wrong parking like not straight or properly aligned?

No, there isn't, we'll add it to the list of suggestions.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »
Thank You Umberto.