Author Topic: Bus/Catering Truck starting psoition  (Read 4332 times)

heliosair

Bus/Catering Truck starting psoition
« on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:56 am »
Hi guys

I really like the product brings lot of life to the airport.. keep up the good work. My question is is there a way to set a place where the Bus or the Catering Truck starts from? Now on airports they drive on the Runway what looks very unrealistic.

Thanx
Tamas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bus/Catering Truck starting psoition
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:16:44 am »
They don't drive on runways, except it's the only way to reach your parking.

If the AFCAD has vehicles paths, they will use it by preference. If there are no vehicle paths, they'll use taxiways. If there are no taxiways, they'll have to revert to crossing runways.

heliosair

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 01:41:36 pm »
Ok but where they start from? How can I add to the facade the starting point for the vehicles?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:24:23 pm »
Ok but where they start from? How can I add to the facade the starting point for the vehicles?

They start from a vehicle parking IF your AFCAD have one.

If it doesn't, they start from a random empty parking which is not too close to your airplane, but not too far either (so they don't have to cross the whole airport)

heliosair

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:42:38 pm »
Thanx ;)

FlyingOger

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »
They also do amusings things sometimes---

Yesterday's evening flight was on a TomRuth A330-200 (FSDT)LAX->(FSDT)LAS (yeah I know heavy stuff for a short hop but I wanted to check a repaint). Arrived on 01L and waited quite some time for the follow-me van. Finally (I guess based on AI traffic behaviour) we proceeded to the gate lets say on a far less that optimum path (Took almost as long as the flying). Finally arriving at D-5 I cut the engines, set parking brakes and requested catering while offloading pax.

Some time later, the trucks arrived... #2 stopped with its back to the R4 door, went into reverse, did a kind of powerspin under the 330's tail to emerge correctly aligned and started lifting its bed. So far so surprising. Later, issued command to clear position... and the food truck runs right through the rear cargo loader, nearly missing to refuelling truck to disapear in the terminal building. I guess that driver had been on meth or steroids since starting his shift. ;)

On a different matter... I might not have read the manual thoroughly enough, but are the Docking Sys signs supposed to disappear with GSX enabled?

Torsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 12:54:51 pm »
On a different matter... I might not have read the manual thoroughly enough, but are the Docking Sys signs supposed to disappear with GSX enabled?

Surely not. Please be sure you have everything updated, by installing the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.