Author Topic: GSX not visible in the addon menu  (Read 5183 times)

extense

GSX not visible in the addon menu
« on: February 15, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »
Hello,

yesterday I decided to try the GSX demo.
Unfortunately I can't because GSX does not appear in the FSX' addon menu. The keybinding to open GSX doesn't work either.
I use FSX with Acc. Exp. Pack on Vista 64bit with the following addons:
-PMDG 737 NGX
-PMDG MD-11
-FSUIPC
-IVAP
-A few addon airports (AS and freeware)

It would be great if someone could help me with this issue. I want to check if it's worth buying it - or if it even runs on my system :D

Best regards,
Benedikt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not visible in the addon menu
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:30:39 pm »
Unfortunately I can't because GSX does not appear in the FSX' addon menu. The keybinding to open GSX doesn't work either.

Do you have the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the "Addons" menu ?

extense

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:58:19 pm »
Negative.

Additionally the window that should ask me if i want to add these addons while starting FSX did never appear.
I already tried the few things I found regarding this issue: Antivirus software deactivated, installed as admin.
Addon Manager and Couatl are included in the dll.xml and exe.xml but they do not load.
I also found a topic about this where the problem was caused by wrong read/write permissions. This is not possible in my case - i x-checked it.

Regards,
Benedikt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:44:30 am »
Try this first:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Don't skip any step, especially the "Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.", because this will reset the Trust question, which will not appear if you already trusted those modules.

extense

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:51:23 am »
Unfortunately no changes. The "Trust?" Window still doesn't appear and both addons are not visible in the menu.
By the way the uninstalling process is very fast - don't know if this is normal but removing the addon manager and couatl takes about 0,5 sec. each.
Is there no way to reset the question manually?

Regards,
Benedikt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:55:08 am »
ns are not visible in the menu.By the way the uninstalling process is very fast - don't know if this is normal but removing the addon manager and couatl takes about 0,5 sec. each.

Removing files is fast.

Is there no way to reset the question manually?

You can remove every line that contains bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe in the [Trusted] section of your FSX.CFG, but I'm fairly sure you won't find any after uninstalling it and having replied YES to both questions about removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl modules.

Check  that you haven't inadvertently untrusted our company as a whole, so nothing signed by us will ever run.

Go into Internet Explorer settings, under "Content" tab, select the "Publishers" button, then look for both Untrusted Publishers and Trusted Publishers, and remove all references to VIRTUALI, if you find any.

REDO the whole previous procedure again, and check if you are being asked permission to run both Addon Manager AND Couatl modules. Be sure you reply YES to both.

extense

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 01:21:31 pm »
Problem solved :)

First, bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe were in the Trusted Section of the fsx.cfg although I uninstalled them.
Second, Virtuali was indeed set as an Untrusted Publisher. Now GSX works great and I'll buy it within the next days.

I've got an additional question: How do I enable the use of the upper cargo door of the PMDG MD11F?
The 3D Editor for customization of aircrafts is not available for me. The slew mode is not working correctly and the aircraft moves with extremely high speed in various directions. It's a problem with my yoke.
Are there any known values or settings to enable the boarding of cargo at the upper door?

Thanks a lot,
Benedikt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »
I've replied to you in the other thread about the cargo doors.