Author Topic: GSX not finding available gates in KLAX?  (Read 4689 times)

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
GSX not finding available gates in KLAX?
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:02:25 pm »
I wanted to say your GSX and KLAX products are wonderful!!  Very well done, really has brought airports to life!

A small issue I had with a flight from KSFO to KLAX, once I landed at KLAX (using your fsdt KLAX) GSX services only listed 4 parking spots and all 4 were occupied with one saying it'll be available in 30 minutes.  FSX on the other hand wanted to route me to gate 81 ... so I went to Gate 81 and it was open and available (and was the correct size for my Aircraft CJ700) ... so I guess my question is why did GSX NOT find an available gate when FSX was able to find one?  More confusing because KLAX and GSX are both fsdt, my assumption was they would work well together.

Is there anything I can do to correct the problem via the GSX SDK or manually changing entries in some of your cfg files?

On a side note: I'm using Traffic 360 also but only at 20% density with FSX AI aircraft density at 10% ... so there should be plenty of "available" gates.

Otherwise, GSX is a fantastic product!!! 

Cheers, Rob.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not finding available gates in KLAX?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:09:02 pm »
Of course GSX and KLAX are working perfectly together. The issue is likely caused by another AFCAD in conflict, most likely the one that comes with Traffic X, so GSX is using that one instead of the FSDT one.

Remove any extra AFCAD for KLAX which is not the one in the FSDT folder and the default scenery folder then exit from FSX and enter again and check which AFCAD is used by GSX, which can be done by selecting the customize parking position option.

irish_luck

Re: GSX not finding available gates in KLAX?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:12:50 am »
I know the exact problem your having! Just a few days ago i was frustrated by this same thing, so heres the fix : Traffic X and Traffic 360 both come with altered afcads fpr many airports, and with good intention as well, but they do in fact conflict with the afcads for GSX. So, ill bet that when you exit the flight you might notice that instead of "Los Angeles International" the airport selector box says "Los Angeles Helipad" What happens is the Traffic program also adds in helpads at major airports in  order to simulate AI helicopter traffic there, but these afcads overlap the main airport, tricking GSX into thinking that you want to park at the helipad. What you need to do is disable the Traffic 360 scenery files in the scenery settings menu within fsx, and instantly you will see all the parking spots at LAX become available to select in GSX
Happy Flying,
Irish  ;)