FS9 support > Los Angeles support FS9

The Double Terminal/Tower Problem

(1/3) > >>

MWS:
Need help! Read through the forum and saw this is a recurring problem. I made the mistake of editing the airport with AFCAD and that screwed it up. I have since deleted every other AFCAD of LAX I found. I used SimpleAirportScanner to find them all. I have deleted and reinstalled (I even redownloaded) the FSDT LAX Scenery. No matter what I do the old terminals and tower do not go away. I've probably already spend 3 hours trying to fix it and am about to give up for good.

Thanks,

Matt

virtuali:

--- Quote from: MWS on February 13, 2013, 05:29:02 pm ---I made the mistake of editing the airport with AFCAD and that screwed it up.
--- End quote ---

Yes, the old AFCAD utility shouldn't be used, because it doesn't preserve exclusion zones, and this is exactly what causes double objects. You should use ADE to edit the AFCAD. Try to use the ScanAFD program to search for duplicates:

http://www.nwlink.com/~erog/

And be sure you haven't created a duplicate yourself in the KLAX folder.

MWS:

--- Quote from: virtuali on February 13, 2013, 09:59:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: MWS on February 13, 2013, 05:29:02 pm ---I made the mistake of editing the airport with AFCAD and that screwed it up.
--- End quote ---

Yes, the old AFCAD utility shouldn't be used, because it doesn't preserve exclusion zones, and this is exactly what causes double objects. You should use ADE to edit the AFCAD. Try to use the ScanAFD program to search for duplicates:

http://www.nwlink.com/~erog/

And be sure you haven't created a duplicate yourself in the KLAX folder.

--- End quote ---

Used ScanAFB, no duplicates, KLAX_AP is the only one it found.

No other duplicates in the KLAX folder either. Anything else I can do?

virtuali:

--- Quote from: MWS on February 14, 2013, 02:22:16 am ---No other duplicates in the KLAX folder either. Anything else I can do?
--- End quote ---

Remove that .BGL and reinstall KLAX, so you are sure the one in use in the FSDT one.

If this doesn't fix it, than the only possible explanation is that you have a conflicting file which can't be detected by AFD scanners, so you'll have to find it manually. It's possible a conflict like that *could* be caused by a non-AFACD file. AFCADs are only the most common cause of double objects, but are not the only one.

MWS:
No luck, doesn't make sense to me. Especially considering that when I first downloaded it, it worked fine  ??? :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version