Author Topic: ZurichX: Runways  (Read 10598 times)

Ebikoner0815

ZurichX: Runways
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:49:23 pm »
Hi

In the Reality the big aircrafts (bigger than an a321) are taking off at runway 16

the small aircraft (smaller than an a321) are taking of at runway 28

All Aircraft Landing at Runway 14

Ist that in ZurichX the same?

I mean, at the default Zurich Airport in fsx. I will takeoff once at runway 32 than at 16 or at 34 (Default, the fsx don't use the RW 28/10)

Kind Regards

Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ZurichX: Runways
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:00:30 pm »
There's only so much that can be reproduced using the FS AI engine. Please, follow these (long) discussions about the AFCAD. They are mostly related to FS9, but many concept are the same in FSX.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=121.0

The latest version of Zurich (both for FS9 and FSX) comes as default with a AFCAD quite similar to the latest Harpsi's "plan W" file so, you probably will not want to download the AFCAD separately (and the ones made by Harpsi are for FS9 only), the default that come with the scenery now is probably OK, but I wanted to point out the discussion anyway, so you might have a better idea of the issues involved.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:02:47 pm by virtuali »

Ebikoner0815

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:27:40 pm »
Thank you for the links. Boa, these are so many

Can everybody tell me which is good?

I use only fsx

Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 08:44:50 pm »
If you use FSX, you can simply use the one that comes with the scenery which, as I've said, roughly compares to Harpsi's W file.

Ebikoner0815

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:10:58 am »
Ok, then i download nothing

How is that with the gates? There are many airline at Gate A. In reality at Gate A are only Swiss.

Is there any file for FSX that correct that?

Kind Regards

Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:38:21 am »
How is that with the gates? There are many airline at Gate A. In reality at Gate A are only Swiss.

FSX doesn't work like that. The airline code is a preference, meaning (in this case) a Swiss airplane will try to see if there's a parking compatible with its size on the Swiss-flagged gates first. But, you simply can't block a non-Swiss airplane to park there, if there aren't any free parkings compatible with its size.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:33:37 am »

FSX doesn't work like that. The airline code is a preference, meaning (in this case) a Swiss airplane will try to see if there's a parking compatible with its size on the Swiss-flagged gates first. But, you simply can't block a non-Swiss airplane to park there, if there aren't any free parkings compatible with its size.

But in reality, the A gates are not only for Swiss... star alliance also parks there.

harpsi

DrZekil

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:51:17 am »
Sorry people, after reading through the hole forum, I'm still confused. Installed newest ZurichX-Version today. But no AI-flights taking of from RWY28, nor am I directed to taxi there, even there's a stiff westwind...

Do I have to install some kind of AFCAD-program to get Runway 28 in use? Or do I have to copy some files from one directory to another??

I don't get it...

But beside this problem: GREAT SCENERY, FEELING LIKE HOME!!

DrZekil

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 03:22:40 pm »
Still waiting for a answer....    ;)
To clarify: With the ADE I can find the MS-version of LSZH. But how can I find out, if there are any other AFCADs for Zurich stored somewhere in the MS-Folder??
Because whether with strong westwind nor with no wind the FSX is using Runway 28 for takeoff...

Thanks for any help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 03:52:50 pm »
Can you try with this file ? The one included with Zurich installer for FSX didn't had crosswind runways, this one has.

JamesChams

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 08:24:46 pm »
Virtuali,
Can you try with this file ? The one included with Zurich installer for FSX didn't had crosswind runways, this one has.
(Suggestion: add it into the installer as an option; if not already done)
grazie 8)
Ciao!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:46:17 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams