Author Topic: Coutatl Unrecoverable scripting error  (Read 3207 times)

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
Coutatl Unrecoverable scripting error
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:53:42 am »
Every time GSX Starts to load i get an error that says "The couatl scripting engine has encounterd an unrecoveralbe error and will be restarted. Details can be found it (Where my log file for couatl is). Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from (link to the SA addon manager). I looked at the log file and it said this (Please note that the log file has about 50 entries of each of the bottom to entries that i posted that are exactly the same with different times of course.) Please help!

couatl v2.0 (build 2313)
panic log started on Tue Jul 10 16:58:03 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 61, in switchToState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 729, in enter
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'playGUI'

couatl v2.0 (build 2313)
panic log started on Wed Jul 18 15:19:40 2012
Executable integrity compromised

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Wed Jul 18 21:38:09 2012
Executable integrity compromised

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutatl Unrecoverable scripting error
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:56:41 am »
This issue has been discussed several times on the forum. This problem can be caused by these things:

1) A product you installed, which very invasively attach itself to *any* executable in your system. Something like that shouldn't be used at all (it's a full hack into your system), and we know for sure the freeware ATI Tray Tools does this, but even if you don't have installed it (are you really sure ?), it doesn't mean much, the ATI Tray Tools utility is the one we *know* about, but there might be others out there that we don't know, which work with a similar principle. Removing anything from the Tray bar is not a sure fix, it would eliminate only the programs that create an Tray bar icon, but those that don't.

We also got report that a power management related utility for some laptop do this.

A better way to check everything at startup is to use the MSCONFIG utility (just type MSCONFIG in the Search bar and press Enter), so you can select what is being loaded at start. And, of course, reboot to apply the changes.

2) If it's not a product you installed, the only other thing that can do this...it's a real virus.

The only thing sure, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and can't be fixed by us, because it's caused by something else which is ATTACHING the Couatl.exe (and likely, any other .exe in your system, so it's very dangerous)

Andydigital

Re: Coutatl Unrecoverable scripting error
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:49:10 pm »
Just in case anyone else is seeing this problem again at the moment I've figured out what was causing the problem on my system just today. A few days ago I'd updated my Internet Chat Client software "Trillian" to version 5.3.0.12. This new version has a feature that allows you to have a text chat conversation even with fullscreen applications running and in focus like FSX and Games. Pressing a key combination would open a special overlay on the screen while the game was still running. It appears FSDT DRM classes this as some kind of compromise and stops GSX from working and you get a pop up error on screen every 30 seconds or so telling you that something is wrong and to check the error log.

To fix the problem simply add FSX to the "Blacklist" in Trillian for the "In-Game chat" facility and GSX will start working again next time you load the sim. Obviously the overlay will no longer work for Trillian with FSX but at least GSX will start working again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 07:51:25 pm by Andydigital »

Cheers,
Andy.