Author Topic: GSX No Valid AFCAD  (Read 6084 times)

shevazri

GSX No Valid AFCAD
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:07 pm »
Hi

For a few days now I have the error when I want to load GSX it justs give me an error message in the green bar, that the AFCAD File is not valid.
So I searched through the forum found some posts, and saw how to activate the log file, so I did this.

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFileMapping failed: Der Datenträger einer Datei wurde extern so geändert, dass die geöffnete Datei nicht mehr gültig ist (system:1006)
And there is this error, I searched it too and found another topic, but all hints given there didn't help me.

So please somebody has to help me. I'm really pissed when I want to fly and something important like GSX doesn't work.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX No Valid AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26:51 pm »
This has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5929.0

and the proposed solution worked for that only other user that has reported this problem so far.

Note that, you have to remove the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes, NOT the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, otherwise you'll lose your scenery.cfg and will have to reinstall every scenery!

shevazri

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:41 pm »
I've already seen this issue, and I deleted the SceneryIndexes several times and It doesn't work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:00 pm »
I've already seen this issue, and I deleted the SceneryIndexes several times and It doesn't work

Try to remove the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl folder, and manually recreate the Couatl folder empty.

shevazri

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:57 pm »
Didn't work either.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 10:56:25 pm »
Then it's possible another external product (antivirus, most likely) might have opened that file too, maybe just because it has a .BIN extension, so it thinks it might be an executable of some sort.

Try to configure your antivirus to exclude the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl folder from scanning. It's possible you might have to reboot Windows, before trying again FSX, just to be sure that every file has been closed.

shevazri

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:18:43 pm »
Nah, didn't work either. Maybe I just reinstall FSX, if you don't have any possible solutions anymore.

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:41:10 am »
I dont use any antivirus, and have the same problem.
I already did the suggested solution, and no sucess at all... too bad... :(
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7874.0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 11:19:37 am »
I dont use any antivirus, and have the same problem.

Are you getting exactly THIS message, as the OP ?

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFileMapping failed:

This message can only be caused by another program blocking access to our cache file and, since no other program is supposed to even *know* about that file, the only possible explanation it's an antivirus, which is just scanning everything that gets open.

If you don't have this specific message in the error log, then no, you are not having the same problem and it's instead a permission problem OR you have a corrupted/illegal AFCAD in your Scenery Library that, as I've already explained, should be found by disabling ALL your added Scenery Areas one by one, then re-enabling one by one until you find the offending one.

shevazri

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 02:54:57 pm »
I checked but I excluded the path in my Antivirus. I had several other problems with FSX so I uninstalled it yesterday. I will install it again today, maybe some of my other addons corrupted it. I will inform if It works after Installation. If it still doesnt work I'll check which programs access these files

BTW: I exactly get the message.