Author Topic: A few problems with Gsx  (Read 2924 times)

dr_watson

A few problems with Gsx
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:38:49 pm »
Hi all.

I'm fairly new to Gsx, I really love it but I have a few issues.

When I pressed my assigned key to bring up the menu, if I don't want to select any option, I just want to close the menu again, I pressed the assigned key, the menu closes, but it also always selects option 3!  How can I close the menu without selecting an option.

When I deboard the aircraft and shut it own for the night, how do I send the vehicles away.  The airports closed but the vehicles remin close to the aircraft.

The sound for boarding seems a bit strange.  The attendants seem to say "alloy alloy"?? I really can't understand.  There also seems to be a high pitched screech which I think is supposed to be a child boarding and saying hello.  I was expecting smug better out quality.

There also seems to be a constant metal clunking sound , like someone hammering steel into shape. Is this people walking up the stairs?

The message to close the cargo doors isn't included after boarding, deliberate? 

I have never had a good remark for parking.  I go along the yellow line at 5kts, the speed set in the menu.  If I stop just as he crosses the sticks I'm too short, a little further then I'm to far? Is parking properly possible? This is the with the ngx .

Any plans to have the fuel truck have a bit more animation rather than just drive up, wait and go.  Would be great to connect a fuel hose up.

Thanks for any feedback with these issues, I really love it!

Iain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few problems with Gsx
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:20:55 pm »
When I pressed my assigned key to bring up the menu, if I don't want to select any option, I just want to close the menu again, I pressed the assigned key, the menu closes, but it also always selects option 3!  How can I close the menu without selecting an option.

No, it doesn't always selection option 3 (some menus don't even have an option 3).

By pressing the GSX key again, before selecting anything, the menu just close without any selection.

When I deboard the aircraft and shut it own for the night, how do I send the vehicles away.  The airports closed but the vehicles remain close to the aircraft.

That's how is supposed to work, the program doesn't know this is the last flight of the day.

The sound for boarding seems a bit strange. 

Will try to improve them in future updates.

The message to close the cargo doors isn't included after boarding, deliberate? 

Is not part of the boarding, it comes out IF doors are still opened when you do something else that might result in the airplane moving, like asking for pushback. It's not a given that, if cargo loaders go away, the cargo doors must be closed immediately, perhaps some other crew might need to go in.

I have never had a good remark for parking.  I go along the yellow line at 5kts, the speed set in the menu.  If I stop just as he crosses the sticks I'm too short, a little further then I'm to far? Is parking properly possible? This is the with the ngx .

It obviously is, and some people managed to even get the dancing marshaller (and posted YouTube videos), which has a chance to come out 1 in 5 "Very good parking" message.

Any plans to have the fuel truck have a bit more animation rather than just drive up, wait and go.  Would be great to connect a fuel hose up.

We know it would be great.