Author Topic: Docking Systems (NIGS) in lieu of Marshaller  (Read 2929 times)

machine2035

Docking Systems (NIGS) in lieu of Marshaller
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:23:56 am »
I notice in the latest release notes it states;

Fixed a problem in the scenery customization which prevented docking systems to appear if the marshaller was disabled.

At Sydney, most of the gates have NIGS (Nose in Guidance System) except for the stand-offs and Foxtrot bays where the turbo-props park. I have tried disabling the marshaller at gates with a docking system in real life but nothing appears in FSX. So how do I add a docking system to a gate?

Kind Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Docking Systems (NIGS) in lieu of Marshaller
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:37:01 am »
So how do I add a docking system to a gate?

You can't. If you disable the marshaller, nothing will take its place in the current GSX version. The point of that feature, is to disable the marshaller if your 3rd party scenery ALREADY comes with its own docking systems or marshallers, to get rid of duplicates, but you can't add a docking system on a scenery that doesn't have them. We might eventually add a docking system editor, but it's not there right now.

The release notes were meant to say that, if you set the option to disable/enable a marshaller on some of OUR sceneries that have a customization which adds docking systems (which is not the same customization of what you can do with the editor that comes with GSX), the docking system disappeared, regardless if the option was set as True or False.

This was a bug of course, so we fixed it and now it correctly disables the docking system only if the "Disable" option is set to True, and we also changed the customization dialog to be a bit more clear that the option, IF set to Disable, will disable every parking assistance on the scenery, either a Marshaller or a Docking system.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:55:04 pm by virtuali »

machine2035

Re: Docking Systems (NIGS) in lieu of Marshaller
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:59:59 pm »
Rightio, thanks for the clarifcation.

It is a request I have in my dreams, behind that of a customizable pushback editor :D

Happy New Year!