Author Topic: APPCRASH  (Read 4960 times)

omera60

APPCRASH
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:19:22 pm »
I downloaded GSX as a christmas gift and it was working fine till today. There was an addon manager uptade and I dowloaded it. After that I restarted FSX and allowed evrything pop up about GSX. Then it brought up an ERROR message "FSX detected an third party program(add-on)" and in the end of the message it says "do you want to run this software (not recomended)." I say yes then it says a fatal error occured "FSX stoped working (APPCRASH). What shall I do which coppatibility I should use HELP PLEASE.. :( :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: APPCRASH
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:14:06 pm »
This error has been discussed several times, and it's not a bglmanx error, but it's an FSX bug, since it can happen with any FSX module, especially a newly trusted one. As explained in all other threads:

- Be sure that you don't have ANY "Compatibility" modes selected for the FSX.EXE file. To check this, right-click on it, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is checked on that page, which is how FSX installs by default.

- Even if FSX says the module might not run, ALWAYS allow to run it, even if FSX crashes.

- Try a couple of times entering/exiting from FSX, and ALWAYS allow the module to run, even if FSX crashes.

- If it doesn't work after a couple of tries, REBOOT Windows and try again., and ALWAYS allow the module to run, even if FSX crashes.

If all of this doesn't help, be sure it's not the antivirus that has corrupted the file, mistakenly trying to "heal" it. In this case, the correct procedure, as explained in many other threads, is:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

omera60

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:35:02 am »
It's working now but it's in trial mode. how can I turn it to full veersion because it seems that product is already activated and I de-activated it then activeted by the serial number that I got from my purchase but it's still on trial mode.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:45:46 am by omera60 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:43 pm »
It's working now but it's in trial mode. how can I turn it to full veersion because it seems that product is already activated and I de-activated it then activeted by the serial number that I got from my purchase but it's still on trial mode.

If the Addon Mananger says a product is Active, then it IS active. You'll have to restart FSX at least once to exit from Trial mode. Assuming with "Trial mode", you mean that GSX is saying it's in Trial mode when you press CTRL+F12.

omera60

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 02:19:05 pm »
I tried it and it says my activation code is no more valid. I think because I already entered it once when I purchased the item I had to use it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:23:39 pm by omera60 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 05:41:56 pm »
I tried it and it says my activation code is no more valid. I think because I already entered it once when I purchased the item I had to use it.

Your Serial Number (if that is what you inserted) will never become invalid, unless a product is refunded. If you use it too many times (like changing hardware 5 times in a short time, consuming all your 6 activation), you'll see a clear message about the activation limit.

If you see a message like "This doesn't seem a correct serial for xxxx", it simply means you entered it wrong, or entered something else instead of the Serial Number or inserted the right Serial, but with another product selected.

omera60

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:35:03 pm »
Fist of all I'm very very sad that I can't use my Christmas gift. Let's take the situation from the begining. As you told me I fist uninstalled the product then I installed it from your internet site with my antivirus program off. When it finished downloading I entered to FSX then I restarted it. but altough addon manager shows that the product is active when I click Ctrl+F12 it's still on trial and asking me to go to one of the trial airports. So what can I do please HELP  me...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »
but altough addon manager shows that the product is active when I click Ctrl+F12 it's still on trial and asking me to go to one of the trial airports.

That's simply not possible. Are you SURE it's GSX that is listed as Active and are you sure it's GSX that you bought and activated ? There's no use continue this on the forum, you'll have to contact me via email (use the address indicated in the "Contact us" page on the website) and send your Order Number, so we can check if your order status.