Author Topic: latest GSX couatil update May 19  (Read 3352 times)

bailout3

latest GSX couatil update May 19
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:10:24 pm »
During a FSX session yesterday a popup from GSX to update couatil without having to shut FSX down which I complied. After update it said to restart Couatil which I did but now GSX says  it doesnt recognize the afcad of any of my airports. How can I rectify the situation?
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: latest GSX couatil update May 19
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:14:45 pm »
During a FSX session yesterday a popup from GSX to update couatil without having to shut FSX down which I complied. After update it said to restart Couatil which I did but now GSX says  it doesnt recognize the afcad of any of my airports. How can I rectify the situation?

The Update, by itself, can't surely this, it was just coincidental. Try to force a scenery cache rebuild by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

bailout3

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 12:41:44 am »
Not being really knowledgeable about messing with files and probably even finding them will be tough for me. I did reload vehicles 2 update and it works with some of the a/c but not Just flight A319 (light version) which it did before. If you don't think it was the latest update that did it I guess I will see how it goes over the next few days. I really enjoy the product though...it makes a nice touch to FSX and would miss it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 01:20:21 am »
I did reload vehicles 2 update

Updating vehicles won't obviously fix a problem with the scenery cache. As I've said in my previous message, if GSX can't see a scenery AFCAD, the one and only correct fix is the following:

Remove the two following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

and it works with some of the a/c but not Just flight A319 (light version) which it did before.

The Justflight A319 has never been supported by GSX so, it didn't worked before, and the update won't change this. If you want to use an unsupported airplane, you must create a customization file for it, using the supplied airplane configuration editor.

That doesn't mean an airplane wouldn't work AT ALL, without a proper customization file, but it won't be very accurate, because the information is taken from the aircraft.cfg file or ( if the airplane comes with it ) with an AES intelliscene.cfg file or ( if the airplane comes with it ) with a GSX configuration file provided by the developer. Only the last option would work with 100% accuracy, but nothing in the update could ever change this, the only thing the update contained, was an update file for Flightbeam KDEN, nothing else.

If you don't think it was the latest update that did it I guess I will see how it goes over the next few days.

It wasn't the update, for sure. As I've said, the one and only thing you need to do, is to remove the two aforementioned folders, and let FSX and GSX recreate their scenery caches completely.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:23:52 am by virtuali »

bailout3

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:01:57 pm »
ok I will try it. The JF319 worked with the stairs, loading suitcases (later not perfectly) but not the food trucks. Thanks for the input.