Author Topic: Aircraft Editor not Saving  (Read 12093 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft Editor not Saving
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 07:48:58 pm »
Sir ... You are not understand me ...

I understood you pretty well.

I never make a changed before today on this setting[/u]

You did, and you forgot about it. You might have done it months ago. As I've said, the installer wouldn't change something that you change as a preference.

... But after CYVR and last update GSX, If I stay by default installer, all on CTRL shift F12, ... that's not get display GSX menu in my FSX !

The installer, if you NEVER change settings, installs YouControl as CTRL+F12 and GSX as CTRL+Shift+F12. This ONLY if you never used GSX and never changed its settings. But if you DID, the installer will NOT touch your personal settings.

I tell you what you did: you probably changed the previous GSX setting to CTRL+Shift+F12 instead of CTRL+F12, to fix the conflict with the IVAP program, which also use the same key, and you forgot about this.

Installing the new version ADDED a new keystroke, which by chance is CTRL+Shift+F12 but, since the installer doesn't change your settings, you ended up having the two keys being the same, which is why it didn't worked.

nevetrek

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »
Make a change myself and  forget it ? .... That's a new install from this morning sir !
Or maybe, your programme record this préférence setting outside from FSX and not delete it when I uninstall all FSDT product from FSX ... :-\ Yes in this case that's possible.... forget this change !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:19 pm »
Make a change myself and  forget it ? .... That's a new install from this morning sir !

That setting is not really the "GSX" key. It's the YouControl key, which we use for all our sceneries to activate the scenery menu. This means, you might have changed it even years ago, if you installed any of our scenery, in order (for example) not to have them conflicting with IVAP or any other product that might use that key.

Or maybe, your programme record this préférence setting outside from FSX and not delete it when I uninstall all FSDT product from FSX ... :-\ Yes in this case that's possible.... forget this change !

No, the only way to change that file, is to act on the preferences using the Couatl menu. None of our installers will even change, touch or remove that file, even if you Uninstall (it's standard practice NOT remove preference files while uninstalling), the only time the installer writes to that file with its defaults (which are NOT the same, they are CTRL+F12 and CTRL+Shift+F12), is if there is no file at all.

rsm50

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 03:27:15 am »
Virtuali,

With today's downloaded update the aircraft editor is once again creating the appropriate folder as well as creating/editing the gsx.cfg file.  

Thank you very much for getting this fixed. 

Best regards to you and the team.

-Robert