Author Topic: LAS Issues in windows 8  (Read 2653 times)

goodperson36

LAS Issues in windows 8
« on: December 30, 2012, 07:11:05 pm »
Hi Guys

I have a question I recently installed windows 8 reinstall FSX reinstalled LAX Airport and also GSX Everything went great with those Installs. I went to install LAS went to put in my code key to activate it it said that I was offline but not true because I checked and I still had internet that being said it said your server was having issues that was no problem waited a few moments went back to try and activate it and flightsim x starting having issues like crashing what is the problem here LAX works fine so does GSX any response would help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LAS Issues in windows 8
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 09:31:03 pm »
If the program tries to do an offline activation, but you are sure you have an internet connection working, the most likely explanation is that a firewall is blocking online access to FSX, this means you have to turn it off, or configure it to grant online access to FSX.

Of course, nothing of this caused crashes to FSX, which were caused by something entirely unrelated to any of our products. Offline activation is a normal procedure and it can be used too, in case the server (which is not ours, it's Esellerate's and they have multiple redundant activation servers, so it's very unlikely they'll go down all at the same time)