Author Topic: GSX Jetways  (Read 13308 times)

Timsa

GSX Jetways
« on: December 26, 2012, 09:37:46 am »
Hey,
I've got a problem with the jetways of GSX.
When I click on "(De-)boarding", there comes in the green line "Remember to operate the jetways", I don't know what to do? What does this mean?
I always do nothing, and then there aren't the jetways... and the passengeres are (de-)boarded WITHOUT the jetways, and this is NOT realistic...

And a second question:
Am I able to get out of the plane? I saw this in a few videos...

Sorry for my bad english, I am german...

Thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Jetways
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:49:42 am »
there comes in the green line "Remember to operate the jetways", I don't know what to do? What does this mean?

Since, as clearly explained on the manual (highlighted in a blue box) and as discussed many times already on the forum, GSX doesn't control or change in ANY way how jetways are operated, it's simply reminding you to operate it yourself, using whatever means the scenery you use has to operate (or not) its jetways.

I always do nothing, and then there aren't the jetways...

If you don't do nothing, nothing will happen...which is why GSX told you to do it, because it doesn't do it itself.

and the passengeres are (de-)boarded WITHOUT the jetways, and this is NOT realistic...

You can't fault GSX if you decided to ignore what it told you to do. There are several reason why GSX doesn't operate jetways automatically, the first one is that is not possible to ask FSX about the jetway current status and since the key to operate it is a *toggle*, there's no way to be sure it's being set correctly, if done automatically.

The other reason is that, if you use a 3rd party scenery with static jetways, but you correctly configure GSX to tell that parking HAS a jetway (although a static one), it needs to know about it, because otherwise it will show front passengers stairs, but it can't obviously turn a static jetway into an animated one. And, there are a couple of 3rd party sceneries that have non-standard way of operating them, like using Com radio frequencies.

That's why the only sensible option is to let the user control the jetway, assuming it IS controllable in the first place, which is true for all default airports, all FSDT airports, and some airports from Flightbeam and UK2000, using the standard FSX key command for jetways, which is CTRL+J

Am I able to get out of the plane? I saw this in a few videos...

Using 3rd party camera-controle addons, like EZdok camera.

Timsa

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:57:20 am »
ok thanks,
but HOW do I operate the jetways? ???
I don't know how... sorry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:58:44 am »
but HOW do I operate the jetways? ???

As I've said:

That's why the only sensible option is to let the user control the jetway, assuming it IS controllable in the first place, which is true for all default airports, all FSDT airports, and some airports from Flightbeam and UK2000, using the standard FSX key command for jetways, which is CTRL+J

Again, this doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a standard FSX command which has been there since FSX has been released, and hasn't changed at all with GSX. To be even more clear, as explained on the manual, GSX doesn't change, doesn't control, doesn't affect, is not affected by and is entirely unrelated to anything related to jetways. The ONLY thing it does, is checking for their existence, in order to remind you to operate them, and in order not to display front stairs if they are present. Again, for STANDARD FSX jetways (those that works with CTRL+J).

If the scenery doesn't have jetways, or have static ones, or have animated ones but in a non-standard way, GSX would't change this too, and you'll probably have to notify GSX of their existence, if only to prevent it to display front stairs.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:02:54 am by virtuali »

Timsa

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 10:01:45 am »
Oh, sorry!
Thank you very much

Timsa

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:31 am »
hm... I press CTRL+J, and nothing happens... and the busses don't come also! What happens?!

help me please...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:05:50 am by Timsa »

StevenK

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:31:48 pm »
OK look through your control settings for "Jetways"
when you find it you can set this to "CTRL+J"
Then when you press CTRL+J the jetways should move to your aircraft.

The bus will not come if the AFCAD or GSX detects a jetway
The bus only comes when BOTH stairs are used

So if there is a jetway you will get no bus
and if there isn't a jetway you will get a bus

Hope that helps
Steven
Seasons Greetings
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »
hm... I press CTRL+J, and nothing happens... and the busses don't come also! What happens?!

I don't think you understand: GSX has nothing to do with this or with anything related to jetways!

If the scenery has animated jetways (default, FSDT, Flightbeam, UK2000, etc), they will move with CTRL+J EXACTLY as they did BEFORE installing GSX. And if the scenery doesn't have standard animated jetways, installing GSX won't change this.

The presence of GSX doesn't change in any way how jetways works (or not) in a specific scenery.

Timsa

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 12:47:59 pm »
I mean the stairs-cars, I don't know how they are called! THEY don't appear!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 01:41:04 pm »
I mean the stairs-cars, I don't know how they are called! THEY don't appear!

If, with "stairs-cars", you mean the self-propelled passenger staircase vehicle, as I've said already, they don't appear if there's a jetway on the parking so, everything it's normal. But you still have to operate the jetway with CTRL+J.

Timsa

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »
but, there is NO jetway...

look at my pic... you see what i mean??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »
but, there is NO jetway...

Again, repeating that EVERYTHING related to jetways doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX, so in this case you wouldn't see the jetway regardless if GSX was installed or not, if GSX is reminding you to operate it, it means it has detected it in the scenery. Since that seems to be a default scenery, it's likely you have your Scenery Complexity setting too low, and jetways in default sceneries don't appear at all complexity levels.

Again, this didn't had anything to do with GSX.

Timsa

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »
again:

I just want the "passenger staircase vehicle" - like it is at the backdoor - at the front door! That's all!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 07:43:02 pm »
I just want the "passenger staircase vehicle" - like it is at the backdoor - at the front door! That's all!

You are not reading with enough attention what I've wrote several times:

- Your screenshot seems to indicate you are using a default FSX airport, these usually comes with standard jetways.

- In fact, GSX correctly detected it, because you said it reminded you to operate it.

- You don't SEE the jetway, because you set your complexity level too low. As I've said, some jetways at default airports appears only at the most dense setting.

- Regardless if you don't *SEE* it, the jetway IS THERE, which is why GSX hasn't put a PASSENGER stairs, because it knows THERE IS a jetway, and you ARE notified about this, by the message that is reminding you to use the jetway.

So, as I've said, several times already, this problem doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX, fact you don't see the jetway is only related to your Scenery Complexity settings and GSX is CORRECT not displaying its own Passenger stairs, because there IS a jetway there.

Timsa

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 07:58:18 pm »
ok, thanks so far, BUT:

in this case on the picture, the "Remember to operate the jetway", doesn't appear.
and, how can I turn the "complexity" higher? (what is this actually? (-> i am german, sry))