Author Topic: "Proper" Ground Vehicle Liverys?  (Read 3858 times)

UA757

"Proper" Ground Vehicle Liverys?
« on: December 21, 2012, 02:11:11 am »
Okay, I'll make this short and sweet because I'm sure it's been asked 8 thousand times before and I just haven't found the right thread for it.

My clearest Example:

I fly a lot between Kansas City (ImagineSim's KMCI) and Chicago O'Hare (FSDT's of Course) and I use GSX obviously. The Airline i fly is United, Period. And United has Gate Space represented in MCI in the real world as well as in the Add-on scenery I have. However For some reason, and for the life of me i cannot figure out why, I can't get the proper UAL ground service vehicles to appear at the UA ICAO coded gates. or any other gates in the Default or add-on scenery it's -always- Frontier, regardless of gate or Plane I choose. 
(Also Included Below is an example of a livery section from one of my aircraft to make sure I'm not missing anything)

[fltsim.7]
title=Level D Simulations B767-300ER United (Merger)
sim=B767-300
model=GE
panel=
sound=
texture=mcp_UAL2
kb_checklists=767LVLD_CHECK
kb_reference=767LVLD_REF
atc_id=N673UA
atc_heavy=1
atc_airline=United
atc_flight_number=2005
atc_parking_codes=UAL,UAL
ui_createdby="Level-D Simulations"
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_type="767-300ER United (Merger)"
ui_variation="Level-D Simulations"

If anyone can shed any light on this issue I would be Very Grateful!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Proper" Ground Vehicle Liverys?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:05 pm »
Okay, I'll make this short and sweet because I'm sure it's been asked 8 thousand times before and I just haven't found the right thread for it.

It wasn't just asked "8 thousand times", it was also *answered* that much...for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5728.msg60647#msg60647

And of course, is explained in the manual too, page 19:

The airport handler is related to the ICAO code of the airport and the atc_parking_codes of the parking spot and it interacts with the ICAO specifications in the sim.cfg file of the vehicle itself.

This means, the airplane repaint YOU are flying, doesn't have ANY effect on the ground handler, and this is of course correct because, imagine if you fly internationally, it would be silly if a United airplane would be served by a United crew in Japan... The atc_parking_codes of the airplane you fly, ONLY affects the choice of ULD Pallets (if your airplane loads pallets, of course) and this is also correct and made intentionally, in order not to have pallets on arrival different than pallets on departure. If your airplane doesn't have an atc_parking_codes, pallets will be in the ground operator livery instead.

To be serviced by a specific operator, like United, you need to go to a United *parking* which is what you are supposed to do in the first place. But if that parking is flagged with multiple codes, the selection will be random between all candidates.

We are considering to add a feature to let the user have a selection menu to choose the ground operator, when there are many candidates, but it's not there yet so, the program right now is working as is supposed to do.

If you download the PaintKit, the documentation that comes with it explains in greater detail how the scoring system of the ground operators choice works.

UA757

Re: "Proper" Ground Vehicle Liverys?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 09:37:50 pm »
I suppose i'll have to dig around in the "Afcad" for the airport, it's showing UAL as the gate's parking code and I'm not sure of any other way to Edit the gate besides ADE, Unless you have a suggestion for that.

Either way, Thank you for clearing up my issue thus far! :)