Author Topic: Confused trying to edit parking codes for FSDT KLAX  (Read 3639 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Confused trying to edit parking codes for FSDT KLAX
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »
Hi Virtuali!

Love FSDT KLAX,  LOVE GSX!  I think I read here on the forums that maybe I should edit the default FSX parking codes in the 'standard BGL file' for KLAX,  NOT the FSDT BGL scenery?

I want to assign a group of gates at KLAX so that the only parking codes handled will be Delta, Skywest, and Alaska Airlines  (DAL SKW ASA).  So far I fail to do this, when I execute FSX and fire up the PMDG 737NGX at a gate that I have edited, I still wind up with United or American Airlines handlers.  I edited the FSDT scenery files for the area involved, but it doesn't work - I still get wrong handlers.  Also I have set the parking codes for the NGX to DAL (for Delta)

I am trying to edit gates for the C9 taxi alley area - and need some guidance, please, since I always fly out of KLAX, I am trying to set my initial takeoff gate for Terminal 5 which is the current Real World terminal at LAX for Delta.

Can you help me, please?

Thank you.
Robert McDonald
Delta Virtual Airlines

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Confused trying to edit parking codes for FSDT KLAX
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:44 pm »
Love FSDT KLAX,  LOVE GSX!  I think I read here on the forums that maybe I should edit the default FSX parking codes in the 'standard BGL file' for KLAX,  NOT the FSDT BGL scenery?

If you have FSDT KLAX active, everything in the default KLAX AFCAD will be entirely disregarded, both by FSX and by GSX so you have to edit the FSDT AFCAD instead.

Please, read the PaintKit documentation, even if you don't want to create a new repaint, the doc will explain how the GSX scoring system works.