Author Topic: just curious  (Read 3552 times)

diceflo

just curious
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »
how many times do I have to install the stand alone manager?. I am installing all my sceneries again and everytime I load fsx after installing scenery AND the latest stand alone manger it tells me I have an outdated version. How may versions of the download manger are there?, I have the latest one but fsx always tells me it's outdated. Can you shed some light on this? thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: just curious
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »
how many times do I have to install the stand alone manager?

Only once, if reinstalling sceneries using old installers. Never, if you install sceneries using their current installer.

I am installing all my sceneries again and everytime I load fsx after installing scenery AND the latest stand alone manger it tells me I have an outdated version.

The Addon Manager can't obviously say that is *itself* outdated...read that message more carefully: is surely telling you have an outdated version of the *scenery*

How may versions of the download manger are there?

Only one, of course. And it's always downloaded by the scenery installer online from the same place so, it's not possible to get an outdated version of the Addon Manager by mistake, unless you use an old version of the scenery installer AND you are installing without an internet connection working.

I have the latest one but fsx always tells me it's outdated. Can you shed some light on this?

No, it doesn't say that. The Addon Manager is probably saying you have an outdated *scenery* and it's also saying which one, so the solution is of course to download the current *scenery* installer, not the Addon Manager installer.

diceflo

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:33:46 am »
ok, i think i have the right install now but I have a new "problem". When I look at the fsx menu under addons I have the following:

couatl powered products
check live update
restart couatl
key mappings

I have no addon manager BUT all my sceneries are working (at this time) so do I need the addon manger or will I be ok without it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:15:06 pm »
I have no addon manager BUT all my sceneries are working (at this time) so do I need the addon manger or will I be ok without it.

Since it's not possible to have the sceneries working without the Addon Manager running, and Couatl wouldn't even *start* without it so, if you don't have the Addon Manager menu you will not see the Couatl menus either, the only possible explanation is that you haven't noticed you *have* the Addon Manager menu.