Author Topic: Support template  (Read 2733 times)

alfke

Support template
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:21:09 pm »
How about creating a support template for users to fill out when they ask for support? It might be more helpful for troubleshooting. Something like this:

Q01: Product Name you are having trouble with: (eg; GSX, Dallas FSX or Dallas FS9, Cloud 9 Orlando, etc.)
Q02: Is your product: [ ]registered , [ ]unregistered , [ ]pirated
Q03: What is your OS? [ ]Win8 , [ ]Win7 , [ ]WinXP
Q04: Do you have FSX Service pack 2 installed? [ ]Yes , [ ]No , [ ]I Don't Know
Q05: Are you running antivirus software? [ ] Yes , [ ] No , [ ]I Don't Know
Q06: Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl product menus? [ ] Yes , [ ] No, [ ] I Don't Know
Q07: Are you receiving error messages? If yes, please describe the error message [ ]
Q08: Describe the issue you are having: [ ]

Just a suggestion...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Support template
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:33:33 pm »
How about creating a support template for users to fill out when they ask for support? It might be more helpful for troubleshooting. Something like this:

People will just post without reading it or filling it and so I'll have to ask: "Have you read the support template ? Please fill it before posting"

And the result will be "FSDT support is rude because, instead of answering *my* question, they directed me to a canned support form that I had to fill"

And besides, there are so many post of users saying "I've tried all the solution posted here, and still doesn't work", but with after investigating better, turned out they didn't, and the culprit was the antivirus, 90% of the times"

I know that support templates looks professional but, the moment you have to rely on them, it's the moment you start getting of out touch of real issues, and people will just go away because support became automated like a ghost town.

So no, unless I can't handle it anymore (and in that case I'll have to question if it's worth keep doing this job or not), each user will be supported and followed up personally.

alfke

Re: Support template
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 12:08:02 am »
The personal touch is nice, but seems to be rather taxing on a person's patience at times....but I gotta agree with you.

Thanks for replying.

p.s. I have not experienced any issues with your products even though I've had to reinstall and reactivate FSX and all of my airports a few times due to unrelated system problems. Kudos to your team! Cannot wait for CYVR!!!