Author Topic: This may seem obvious  (Read 2708 times)

Selkan

This may seem obvious
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:25:41 am »
This may seem obvious to most, but may help someone.  If you are like me, you don't always have time to go through all options, i.e. catering trucks, boarding etc etc, and just wish to start with the Push Back sequence (5) then left or right as necessary.  However, while undertaking preflight checks, programing FMC etc, it would be nice to have all (most) GSX items sitting around your Aircraft prior to Pushback.  What I now do upon start up (FSX) and sitting at my Gate is to press No.3 of the GSX menu.  This will call for the fuel truck but will also place all those GSX items around your Aircraft.  Just one problem to over come.  Normally, this will stop FSX and call up the fuel loading menu, but if you have a look in the GSX Manual there is a way to stop this from happening.  It involves placing a GSX.cfg file in the folder of the Aircraft you are using, and not difficult to do. 

So, now upon start of FSX I just press 3 in the GSX menu, and without looking, I know the fuel truck has arrived, done its thing, and driven away, and FSX keeps running without going to the fuel load menu.  I should mention that I always calculate and deal with my fuel requirement prior to pressing 'fly now'

While here, thanks for the new update allowing the removal of green line text; for me much better!